San-T-Flush

Sawbonz

I used our a couple times on our recent trip so that I could clear out the black tanks. It worked well, but there was no way I could find to keep water from spraying in all directions from under the brass connector fitting. Any ideas?

jbeletti

Karl,

Mine does not leak when in use. Take a look inside that brass male connector to see if you are missing a rubber washer.

As a side note, last year, I found that the sprayer head on the end of the blue coiled sprayer hose will thread onto the San-T-Flush connector. With water in the fresh water tank and the pump on, I was able to flush the black tank while at a dump site. It was no where near the pressure achieved in a CG but it did work. Better than nothing in a pinch :)

Jim

Sawbonz

Thanks Jim,

No, the rubber washer is there. I guess I could try to screw it on really hard, but I am concerned that I won't be able to get the hose off then. This area is difficult to reach, and I have already had a problem getting the hose disconnected.

jpmorgan37

Karl, try a different hose. It might be just a fluke of a mismatch. Mine doesn't leak and seems to work just fine.
John

phranc

Iuse a garden hose quick connect male fitting on there .. The fitting stays on permenently.. I do the same with the city water connection.. makes life easy..

jpmorgan37

Great idea phranc, I'm going to try that because it would sure make it a lot easier to connect and disconnect.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
fireflipper

Jpmprgan37
Like Phranc I to use the Quick connect fittings on every thing. That way I could tighten up the flush so that it would not leak. P.S. I did find that all quick connects are not the same size, so I put one size on the drinking water hoses and the other on the black hose that use to flush the tank, wash the rig and so on. That way nobody can accidentally connect the hose that I use to flush the tank and the sewer connections and hoses with to hook up to my water tank or softener.

jpmorgan37

I know about (but hadn't thought about using) the different size (and quality) quick connects. I use a gray hose for flushing etc and white for drinking. Thanks

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Question

I was curious, for those of you who use a standard garden hose just for the Sani-T-Flush system, where do you hook up the other end of the hose?
Is it at the same faucet or spigot that you hook up your drinking water hose too???

I am often confused over this. Some people go to the trouble of having seperate hoses but end up using the same faucet that they use for drinking water. So my thing is if people feel that the utility hose may get "contaminated" and that's OK, what about the faucet and the rest of the water system in the park. Will it get "contaminated" too?

I realize that the Sani-T-Flush connection has a backflow preventer on it but I do not believe that the backflow preventer will stop contamination.

What do you think?

jbeletti

Mark,

I use a gray hose for the San-T-Flush and feed it from a brass Y connector off the fresh water hose.

I understand where you are heading with this but I don't see a practical solution for total separation between the San-T-Flush and the fresh water supply. At some point, you have to connect it to water.

Maybe as another level of safety, the use of an inline back-flow preventer at the one output of my brass Y connector that feeds my gray hose would be in order??

Jim

K

Ken Washington

Jim and all others, I hope that you don't leave a hose hooked up to the flush system! What if by some means water started to run into your black tank and you did not know! When it filled up you know where it would end up at. I'm sure no one wants that to clean up! Just a thought!
Ken

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Thanks Jim and Ken,
I use a brass "Y" adapter with shutoffs also, but I put the "Y" adapter right at my city water hookup in the docking station, then I use a 4' hose to connect to the Sani-T-Flush connector. I only have one of the valves open at any one time as needed. You're right Ken, I will need to educate the family on my design and teach them when and why of how to use it. Anyway, I have been wanting to touch on this subject for awhile now but have been apprehensive about doing so. I felt as if I may have been doing a poor job using my Sani-T-Flush system with regards to the city water.

Thanks again for the input,

Mark

jbeletti

Good point Ken.

My process is to only connect the gray hose to the brass Y and to the San-T-Flush on the last day of camping at a site with sewer hookups, right before we close the trailer up. And I am the only one to do this on my trailer. Nancy has her jobs inside and I have mine outside. It's a good system.

Jim

L'l John

Showing my lack of knowledge (ignorance)

:confused: Is the sani-flush connected to all the holding tanks or just the black tank? :confused:

K

Ken Washington

John,
It is only connected to the black holding tank. I use the other tanks to flush the sewer line after I have cleaned the black tank.
Ken

L'l John

Thanks

Ken,
Thanks for your reply. I thought it was only connnected to the black, but needed to ask so I could be sure.