Water Leak

gsbainter

Hi All,

Last week when I filled my fresh water tank on my 2800RLS in preparation for going on a dry camping trip, I noticed water leaking up around the base of the blue and red hoses that come down on the door side of the rig just aft of the rear wheel. First, what are these blue and red hoses? My fresh water tank drain is on the street side under the water fill spout. In looking at the water leaking, it didn't appear to be coming from the valves at the end of the hoses, but rather up under the underbelly covering. When we got to our location, I noticed it still dripping a little bit, but it then stopped. For the next four days, we had no leaks and we did not seem to have any significant water tank loss due to the leak. I figure I need to take down the underbelly covering to see what it is, but thought I would ask before I do that to see if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks,

charris57

Possibly Blue=cold, and red=hot for the sink in the kitchen. Did you turn on the 12 volt water pump and charge the lines maybe thats where its leaking from. Good Luck, I'm sure someone else will chime in....Steve

jnbhobe

The blue and red lines are low point drains. The water may be from a loose vent line, just a thought. Jon ;) ;) ;)

gsbainter

Thanks for your replies. I did go in and prep the toilet and turned on the pump. I noticed the water leaking after I did that. But that just means that the leak happened when water was pumped through the system. I will probably have to drop the under cover to find out where it is coming from. Hopefully it will just be something that I can tighten up easily.

caissiel

I had a problem with the pump starting in the night when we did dry camping after we took delivery, I opened the access door and noticed the floor was wet, well I checked the screwed fittings and everyone was dripping a drop so I just snugged them up and the floor dried and is dry still, These units are not houses, they do vibrate on the road and any plastic fittings could work loose, specialy on my roads at home. Sometimes I feel that I have become a testing candidate with all the northern rough roads we have at home. It feels great to be travelling on these southern highways that are so much smoother.

Duramax1

While I have not experienced your problem, I would nevertheless be interested in learning from your experience as to what you determine to be the cause and how you fixed it.

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
Hi All,

Last week when I filled my fresh water tank on my 2800RLS in preparation for going on a dry camping trip, I noticed water leaking up around the base of the blue and red hoses that come down on the door side of the rig just aft of the rear wheel. First, what are these blue and red hoses? My fresh water tank drain is on the street side under the water fill spout. In looking at the water leaking, it didn't appear to be coming from the valves at the end of the hoses, but rather up under the underbelly covering. When we got to our location, I noticed it still dripping a little bit, but it then stopped. For the next four days, we had no leaks and we did not seem to have any significant water tank loss due to the leak. I figure I need to take down the underbelly covering to see what it is, but thought I would ask before I do that to see if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks,

Greg, we have a simular problem, except the water that is leaking on our 2011 2800RL is exiting from Driverside between the carraige cover and frame. Given the wet and cold weather, we only took a few under carraige bolts out and let some more water drain. It appears to leak regardless of water pump or city water operations. Have you been able to resolve where your leak came from?

Good thing for shake down trips, our first was between xmas and new years, we took it in for repairs after New Years, picked it up on Friday and are at the Jackson Rancheria RV park in California for our second shake down trip til tomorrow Monday. I will take it to the dealer tomorrow and get this fixed. Fortunately the dealer is only 20 miles from the house.:)

LOL, some day I will have to take it home and back it into the side yard. So far, go camping and take to dealer and pick it up for second trip, take back to dealer

Tom and Lorraine

ncc1701e

We took delivery on our 2011 2800RL on Friday. What was the solution to the leaks discussed if I may ask? My nearest dealer is 120 miles away and if there is something to be addressed would really like to get it looked at before pulling out of Kentucky for Texax.

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
I have my 2800RL at the dealer right now to fix the water leak, I will have it back on Friday, once I find out where the leaks comes from, I will post it. I asked the dealership to take pictures of the underbelly once they remove the cover, so I can see where the hoses are. I checked all connections above the floor and they are okay, so the leak is one of the hoses below. I notice the leak, on our second trip, the pad was dry except next to the tires and I notice water was dripping out between the frame and underbelly cover. I removed a about five screws and the water continue to slowly leak out. I think the leak was between the fresh water tank or the lines that run to the Kitchen sink.

When you take delivery:
1. Make sure the fresh water tank can be filled completely and the monitor show full. Problem was the vent hose was clog and so tank would not vent fill completely.
2. When you get there, turn on the electric water heater and see if it works, takes about 1/2 hour depending on water temp
3. Check all the taping in the coach and make sure they are sealed, especially in the corners
4. Check the wall behind the shower on top of the shower panels and make sure it is tight.
5. Check in the shower, where the valves are attach to a panel that is screwed into the wall, we found it was not seal tightly and when showering the water would leak behind. I just took the four screws out and sealed it would silcone and then put the four screws back in and added two more on top, just happen to have a box of those screws, must have bought them for some reason for my other trailer.
6. Make sure they check the outside shower hose is tight, it can be seen from below the bathroom sink, the two screws that secure the a panel below the sink. I say that because ours was not tight and water flooded the bathroom slightly when we turned it on outside, good thing the bath rug absorbed most of it.
7. Other than that, we did have the small window in the slide leak, but it has now been seal, normal rain it did not leak, but our first trip was in 40+ winds and heavy rain and just happen to be blowing into slide.

Otherwise, we do love the trailer, we have had it out two times, once for 7 days and this last week for 4 days. So hopefully all the minor fixes are done after this trip and we can start really enjoy the conforts of home away from home.

I hope this helps. Contact me if you have any other questions

Tom

mesteve

[hijack]

...Otherwise, we do love the trailer...

You know, not to be a Heartland fanboy (although I do like my trailer a whole lot), but it is something to keep in mind that these (all) coaches are minor technological marvels moving 65 MPH. There are just going to be kinks that need to be worked out along the way. I really do believe the ones that KEEP camping are all glass half full kind of people. The glass half empty sell them off because there are 'too many problems'.

[/hijack]

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
We just got our 2800RL back from the shop, the water leak was the coming from the fill hose connection at the fresh water tank. They removed the under carraige cover and determined the fresh water file hose was not clamp nor sealed. This make since, if the leak was coming from the water lines, when we ran the water pump, the pump would have come on as the water was leaking out. Here are some pictures taken for me by the dealer. At least you can see what it looks like. In the top left corner of the picture you can see the low point lines.
Fresh Water Tank.jpg

Gaffer

Even the best of dealers sometimes don't give us the extra attention we ask for. I would be anxious to see the exposed underbelly myself (and take my own pictures). That takes the burden off them and gives you a great learning experience.

camr

[hijack]

You know, not to be a Heartland fanboy (although I do like my trailer a whole lot), but it is something to keep in mind that these (all) coaches are minor technological marvels moving 65 MPH. There are just going to be kinks that need to be worked out along the way. I really do believe the ones that KEEP camping are all glass half full kind of people. The glass half empty sell them off because there are 'too many problems'.

[/hijack]
This is probably one of the greatest and also most obvious quotes that I have read on any RV forum. Applies to life in general. Good job, mesteve!

ncc1701e

Great followup and information on the final solution to the water leak. We are just waiting for a little warm up to get our 2800RL out for the first time. I haven't had a chance to de-winterize the unit yet and fully check for any leaks etc. I'm not expecting any, however, it is still good information on items to check.