First Look: Heartland Greystone mid-profile 5th wheel

dalspot

I don't care for it either - keep the cabinet color the same - and a light scheme might be nice. Would really brighten up the interior.

I recently saw an Elkridge I believe that had lower cabinets in cherry and upper cabinets in white. Well I have to say it is not my thing. I hope it sells for Heartland but not something I would want. My 2-cents

happycampernc

Last year @ the VA rally in Rodanthe there was a Landmark. My husband and I loved it. However, the cost is what had us looking at the Greystones. If we could afford it we would buy a GS. Can't wait to be able to see one in person. That will have to wait until Friday or Sat.

happycampernc

Well we got our first look at the GS. Wow. Like I said if we could afford it we would probably be buying one in the near future but, we have to wait.

peanutman

I know this is an old thresd, but we bought a greystone 32RE and love it. Yes we did liked the OpenRange until we looked at the Greystone. Many of the same features as the OpenRange but thousands less.
The white wash cabinets was seller for my wife. We are empty nesters in our late 40's.

We went camping on labor day weekend and had four different couples stop and compliment us on the unit. Way to go Heartland. By the way, three Greystone units sold the week we bought ours.

RallyUp

Hi Peanutman, We also were going to buy an Open Range until we saw the Greystone. We love ours and also receive compliments everywhere we go. We've camped about 6 times so far and have not found anything wrong with it. We are considering a 2nd A/C in the bedroom, but are concerned about the noise. Does your Greystone have a 2nd rear air? Happy Camping! FL-Greystone

jimtoo

Hi FL Greystone,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Really great that you are having a good time and enjoying your new unit.

You can't go wrong with the 2nd AC. I see you live in Fl and we live in S Tex., so we have very hot, humid weather also. Would not be without the bedroom AC. We usually only need to run it to cool things down or on a really hot day. We have never needed to run it at night, although some people like the noise to block out traffic or railroads nearby.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Stinger381

Re: Greystone

I would like to see Heartland use better speakers throughout all of their models. What ever happened to putting a subwoofer into the unit for watching movies? I had one in my travel trailer and it was awesome. My stereo sounded like I was at the movies...that is so not the case in my 2009 Big Country 5er.

I have to agree, it would have been nice to have surround sound installed from the factory in our Sundance. The previous TT I had was Jayco Jayflight and this is definitely not their top of the line trailer but it had a cheap surround sound unit installed in it and it made movie watching so much more pleasureable. It doesn't take a huge Surround sound outfit to make the small space in a TT or 5ver pleasant. While I do like the outside speakers that came with the Sundance the inside speakers really don't do anything special for television watching. They are fine for CD's and radio stations. I do like the outside speakers while I'm tailgating. I hook up my satellite dish and turn the speakers on outside and still add a TV to the under awning area and it makes the broadcast so much better. I wouldn't give up my outside speakers for surround sound inside but it would be nice to have both for sure.

4hapymcds

Well, that is becoming the "new" in thing for houses too. For the last 4 or 5 years we have been doing multi colored cabinets.
I like it. You are right about it appealing to a younger generation. Typically if the couple we are working with are under 35, the kitchen will have at least 2 colors on the cabinets.

Unfortunatley, my BC has oak cabinets and floral interior. If I had waited 1 year I could have had light painted cabinets and solid upholstery.:( AND grey exterior.

Oh well, that too can be changed.;)
I myself love the cabinets. I feel it brings some design from the same matching colors through out the whole trailer, it is a great feeling. Those 2 tone sold me. This is one thing I will never out grow. I like the shabby chic feeling. I love out greystone 29rl. I have it already and have enjoyed out 1st trip out.