First Look: Heartland Greystone mid-profile 5th wheel

jbeletti

Attached are some images of the new Heartland Greystone mid-profile 5th wheel RV.

Attachments

• 2011_Greystone_Ext_01.jpg
    2011_Greystone_Ext_01.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 326
  • 2011_Greystone_Ext_02.jpg
    2011_Greystone_Ext_02.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 318
  • 2011_Greystone_Ext_03.jpg
    2011_Greystone_Ext_03.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 323
  • 2011_Greystone_Ext_04.jpg
    2011_Greystone_Ext_04.jpg
    401.6 KB · Views: 303
  • 2011_Greystone_Ext_05.jpg
    2011_Greystone_Ext_05.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 313

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Is this one comparable to the Sundance??

Why is Heartland building so many different types of trailers.

I would think they have a good overall selection, why add more to build and figure out all the details. Why not make the ones they are building better and keep a good solid brand that will have a quality reputation?

I am not complaining. This is a good time to build a solid brand with no problems. I would like quality over quantity..

BC

SilverRhino

Is this one comparable to the Sundance??

Why is Heartland building so many different types of trailers.

I would think they have a good overall selection, why add more to build and figure out all the details. Why not make the ones they are building better and keep a good solid brand that will have a quality reputation?

I am not complaining. This is a good time to build a solid brand with no problems. I would like quality over quantity..

BC

I have to agree. Many times businesses have a good thing......expand too far......lose original quality......etc. etc.

Would hate to see HL stretch themselves so "thin" that they have to rush and cut cornets to meet all the various demands. Keep it simple, high quality and don't try to cover all aspects of the market.

Just my observation.

D

Dave Willis

The Greystone is a unique product with Grey exterior and two tone wood interiors. It is more money than Sundance and will have several different floor plan. Not everyone will like this type of unit where as with the Sundance we have Oak and Cherry interiors that most all customers will like one or the other.

Thanks,

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I recently saw an Elkridge I believe that had lower cabinets in cherry and upper cabinets in white. Well I have to say it is not my thing. I hope it sells for Heartland but not something I would want. My 2-cents

Riverman

I recently saw an Elkridge I believe that had lower cabinets in cherry and upper cabinets in white. Well I have to say it is not my thing. I hope it sells for Heartland but not something I would want. My 2-cents

Definately not my thing either

OwensMom

Greystone

While I agree with all of what you said, When we bought our 5er we would have liked a mid profile for the gas mileage. Quality is extremely important and if you have a good thing going don't mess with it. HL will have to compete with eco-friendly units shortly but I believe that you can adapt what you have with an eye toward improving quality. Not all diversity is good. Lynn

bill40

And on top of the new lines a move to the west coast, hmmmmmmmm! lets see Krispy Kreme , Starbucks all good products and big ideas on expanding. Think maybe a slower move may have worked better for both companys. Don't run till you get the walking down pat.

2010augusta

I don't want to and I am trying not to offend anyone, but I like the two tone cabinet as it is more stylish and modern, I believe it will be a hit with some of the buyers. Personally, I would not have a trailer with oak woodwork and a floral pattern interior, as that would make me think I was living in my grandparents home. We went with the the Landmark partly because of the stainless steel appliances and the edgy looking midnight interior. More and more younger buyers are out there and looking for some thing that looks and feels modern and younger.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I don't want to and I am trying not to offend anyone, but I like the two tone cabinet as it is more stylish and modern, I believe it will be a hit with some of the buyers. Personally, I would not have a trailer with oak woodwork and a floral pattern interior, as that would make me think I was living in my grandparents home. We went with the the Landmark partly because of the stainless steel appliances and the edgy looking midnight interior. More and more younger buyers are out there and looking for some thing that looks and feels modern and younger.

Well, that is becoming the "new" in thing for houses too. For the last 4 or 5 years we have been doing multi colored cabinets.
I like it. You are right about it appealing to a younger generation. Typically if the couple we are working with are under 35, the kitchen will have at least 2 colors on the cabinets.

Unfortunatley, my BC has oak cabinets and floral interior. If I had waited 1 year I could have had light painted cabinets and solid upholstery.:( AND grey exterior.

Oh well, that too can be changed.;)

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Re: Greystone

Heartland is doing what gm has done for years. Make the same car and have different dealers in the same town selling the same car. Just tweak the outside a little, buick, oldsmobile, ford explorer vs mercury mountaineer, etc. Etc. Good marketing job if they can sign up more dealers across the usa. This will keep the plant turning out more rv's every day. Good job! Kenny

jonesj2

Bram, you said it looks just like your 2900 MK, well in fact it is the sam floorplan. We went inside of one at he Greensboro, NC camping show last month and bam it was a Sundance floor plan. Now it may have had a few extras the the Sundance did not have but that is always going to be the case. We have a 2009, SD 2900 MK and actually like it better that this one.

SilverRhino

Heartland is doing what gm has done for years. Make the same car and have different dealers in the same town selling the same car. Just tweak the outside a little, buick, oldsmobile, ford explorer vs mercury mountaineer, etc. Etc. Good marketing job if they can sign up more dealers across the usa. This will keep the plant turning out more rv's every day. Good job! Kenny

This marketing stategy is also part of why GM got in trouble.....talk to some of the dealers that have shut down. Quality will always win out over quantity....todays consumers are getting smarter and will not pay extra for something just because it has a different "name badge" on the hood.

Just my observations.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
Hey Jim,

I know these units were in the design/engineering stage for a long time but as a quick scan revealed again: You guys are getting behind in the technology-side of the market, this is obvious just by looking at the placement of the outdoor speakers. This is engineering utilitarian "Give them some outdoor sound capability" at its most feeble! No insult intended to you or Heartland cause I love you guys and the products but this is going to be a selling advantage or disadvantage in todays "Electronically connected" young buyers. (And old farts like me...)

Now I know I am picking on something as inane as the outdoor speakers but what I have to think is that the balance of Audio/Video on the inside was planned with the same lack of planning or thought.

Just trying to help by giving you "constructive criticism" that you hopefully will pass on to the powers that be. The previous "21st Century" post by me also tried to explain that technology is a serious advantage or disadvantage in today's market. As I stated in that post: I am not even talking about increasing the quality (PRICE!!!) of the materials currently in use, just using forethought in the placement and design of technology to allow for enhancement and upgrading "IF THE BUYER SO CHOOSES!

I'm going to have to agree with many. The two tone color scheme is a trend...and in time...will change. Keeping up with trends is hard to do in the RV industry. So with that being said...if Heartland wants to make these units better, then perfect what you are already building. Make the RV's better, better quality, better layouts, better installation of unseen items like electrical wiring and water lines in the basement and be proud of what you are putting out. It does not take a genious to keep a customer happy...give them what they want and the price point that makes you both happy and everyone wins.

It looks to me like they are making the mid-profile unit to keep with the styling and color schemes of the Landmark while affording some additional luxeries and options at a lower price. I like the additional lights in the nost cap. That would be nice when hooking up. I'm sure they will be a hit. The speaker placement for the outside leaves little to be desired. They are too close to the front and out from under the awning. I guess that was where the space was...so they put it there.

I would like to see Heartland use better speakers throughout all of their models. What ever happened to putting a subwoofer into the unit for watching movies? I had one in my travel trailer and it was awesome. My stereo sounded like I was at the movies...that is so not the case in my 2009 Big Country 5er.