Another one bites the dust

cableman

We just picked up the North trail from the dealer for some minor repairs that needed done. It was the 90 day going over and had some trim pieces and such that needed repaced and repaired. While I was there they informed me that they were closing at the first of the year. Another victim of the economy. However, had some good deals on some parts and stuff that I really didn't need but couldn't pass up.(40% off)

wyleyrabbit

Always a shame when a good dealership disappears.

In our experience buying our trailer, I'm frankly surprised some of them even exist. A few were unfriendly, strange inventory, "used car salesman" types, etc.

Hopefully when the dust settles, the bad dealerships will disappear and the world will be left with nothing but great RV dealerships.

cableman

The name of th dealership is duncan rv sales out of Akron Ohio. When we bought our unit he said they have been in buisness for 50 some years. They started out selling studebakers. I think the economy will separate the good dealers from the used car dealers. Let me say that these people treated us very well through the entire process. We traveled 100 miles because they had what we wanted for what we wante to pay. Closer dealership I would'nt buy a bicycle from.

jnbhobe

Cableman; If you are in need of a dealer in your area, Fame RV Center in Seagertown, Pa. is a Northtrail and Bighorn dealer they are 5mi north of Meadville,Pa. They are a good dealer and have been in bussiness for 40yr. JON :cool: :cool: :cool:

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
What dealer are you planning to use for repairs? Our dealership also closed last year. It's a shame to see some of the good ones go.

cableman

I don't know what dealer we will use at this point. The one in Saegertown that jnphobe mentioned is kinda close, if we need repairs I will probably try them.