We are ready to buy!

labbysmom

Just sold our Cardinal and are ready to buy our 3670 Bighorn. We live in BC canada but will buy in the US.

One question is regarding the king bed. Is there any options for a nicer than standard mattress?

We have seen some ads on the web ie Lakeshore and wondered if there were any comments.

Thanks so much.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The wife and I must be weird. We actually like the mattress that came with ours. Not as nice as the Tempur-Pedic we have in the house, but not bad.

rick_debbie_gallant

We did put a 3" mattress topper on ours. One of the dense foam ones, much like the temperpedic ones that Jon spoke of. It is a bear to change the sheets because things are so tight at the headboard. One of the things we did was to put down peel and stick vinyl tile on the osb. This made it much easier to slide the mattress down as far as possible to change the sheets and just push the whole mattress to the top of the bed. Other wise it is a pain so slide down. One other thing you could do would be to put down a blue or white or gray plastic tarp and fasten it down so the you could then slide the mattress up and down when changing sheets.

azbound

The wife and I must be weird. We actually like the mattress that came with ours. Not as nice as the Tempur-Pedic we have in the house, but not bad.

DW and I ditto this, we actually like the existing mattress, how ever as previously stated the sheets can be a bear to change. Putting something on the OSB is a good idea.

rick_debbie_gallant

DW and I ditto this, we actually like the existing mattress, how ever as previously stated the sheets can be a bear to change. Putting something on the OSB is a good idea.

We bought the cheapest stuff we could find as far as the tile goes. I wish i would have thought of the tarp before the tile. It would have been even less.

CrazyScotsman

On top of our mattress in our 3580, we have a down pillow top mattress cover, then on the DW's side she has memory foam on top of the pillow top. ( She has 2 titanium rods in her spine, thats why she has all that junk on mattress ) I sleep good with just the mattress that came with it, I find it rather comfy.
As stated above though, sheets are a pain in the rear to change.

4ever

We also find the mattress to be fine however, like you all have said difficult to slide on the osb. I have also thought about putting tile down but was concerned that the tile may not stick to the osb. Did you guys do any prep or just apply the tile?

Ted

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We also find the mattress to be fine however, like you all have said difficult to slide on the osb. I have also thought about putting tile down but was concerned that the tile may not stick to the osb. Did you guys do any prep or just apply the tile?

Ted

When using self-stick tiles, I apply a coat of sealer/primer, then trowel on a thin layer of thin-set adhesive. Then put down the tiles. If you just put them straight on the bare OSB, they will eventually lose adhesion.

airedale

sliding mattress problem...

for a couple of bucks, bought some 6mm clear poly, stapled it to the part. board and trimmed off the excess ..........works great so far.......

rick_debbie_gallant

Thanks for the co-sign. Merry Christmas. We will be leaving flint on the 28th of December and going back to Rockport/Fulton for the rest of the winter. look out fish here I come. Sure hope I dont have to use the air conditioner when we get back. If we do, oh well, it is......... what it is.......:D

smday

Just sold our Cardinal and are ready to buy our 3670 Bighorn. We live in BC canada but will buy in the US.

One question is regarding the king bed. Is there any options for a nicer than standard mattress?

We have seen some ads on the web ie Lakeshore and wondered if there were any comments.

Thanks so much.

I am heading to Lakeshore to pick up our Cyclone in early Jan and am going to be checking their mattresses out and changing the one out in the trailer. The wife has a bad back and the factory one is no good for her. If Lakeshore's mattresses are no good too we will just go to a Mattress store on the way back and pick one up like we did for our last 2 trailers.