Normal sounds when priming generator

djcash

Just received my Cyclone back from the shop. The tank had something that clogged the filter of the generator. The generator is fixed and the tank has been cleaned out. Unfortunately RCD RV never reattached the gas line. I reattached it, but I don't know if it is supposed to be attached with a clamp or not. If anyone knows that answer it would help me. I can get a metal hose clamp at the auto parts store. Also I dont know what the generator when it primes correctly is supposed to sound like. When I push the prime button i hear a series of fast clicks. Is this normal? Hopefully some kind soul can help me with these two questions.

Thanks,
Dave

Northern Virginia
I would get the hose clamp to be sure. The fuel pump makes a fast clicking sound as it is sucking air. When it is primed, the clicking will be barley audible.

thomasinnv

x2 on what newbie said. also just to add to that, without the clamp on the fuel line the pump may be sucking air and not priming properly, causing the loud clicking to continue. i would not start or run the generator until you get the clamp on either. wouldn't want to burn up that pretty little trailer of your's.

djcash

clicking primer and hose clamp

Thanks everyone. I will put a hose clamp on and get that generator running.

Dave