Counter Extension Broken

stevebotts

The bracket which holds the counter extension has broken away from the wall. This is obviously a weakness in the bracket as the metal just failed. Metal fatigue!! If anyone else has had this happen, could you please tell me where you got a replacement bracket.

Two Hands

I have a 2007 Big Horn 3055RL and that bracket has broken twice. It was repaired under warranty by the dealer the first time and I paid for it to be replaced by another facility the second time. I think the brackets were ordered directly from Heartland. The extension was never used again after the first break and I thought about leaving it off after the second break, but I could not figure out a way to fill the holes to leave a good appearance.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
All the counter extensions use the same part number and are available at most RV repair places. One of ours broke and we had it repaired under warranty, then ordered a second set to have as spares. Not terribly expensive. We'll be out in the trailer this weekend and if no one has posted a part number, I'll check and post it for you.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Ours broke also but a friend found a set of brackets that worked quite well. Infact they are much stronger..

You read this thread. Counter Extension

BC

Mariposa

bracks

had mine break and found a replacement at Lowes. I did get that fixed. I had to fill the holes with small dowel first. I keep one for a spare, just in case. That ext. is just hanging there even when traveling.
Bob

Clark

Just to add my two cents: The front bracket on my extension also broke through in such a way that it must be metal fatigue. Too much weight on the two brackets. I went to my dealer and he ordered one for me from Heartland. I think that it was about $15.00. Haven't installed it as yet as the trailer is covered for winter. I'll get to it when I take the cover off in March.