Optional Queen Bunks in Garage

jgdds

I just purchased a new 2009 3850 with the electric queen bunks in the garage. When doing my PDI, dealer said Cyclone's don't come with a ladder to access the bunks. I said "how in the heck are you supposed to get up into the top bed?" His reply was, "I have an extra ladder in one of my Keystone's that I can give you."

I took it, but it is obviously not made for this bunk or this trailer as it is too long and is not stable for even my kids to use.

My question is, do they really NOT come with ladders? I find that hard to believe. What are your suggestions for accessing the top bunk in the garage?

Thanks,

Josh

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
No ladder with mine. Time to climb! Our grandkids are the only ones that used the top bunk. And the loft...they loved that! :)

Jellystone

No Ladder in the Road Warrior either for the top bunk. My DW purchased a step ladder (3 step) that is very sturdy and of course folds for storage. A Weekend Warrior toyhauler I had before the Heartland RW had the same set up in the garage w/the queen bunks and it came from the factory w/a ladder. But the step ladder serves a dual purpose because the DW uses it to reach stuff in the high cabinets of the kitchen & the garage.

smday

No ladder came with mine either. Dealer took one out of the 3914 and gave it to me. I will have to cut it down a little as the 3850 top bunk is lower than some others out there.

jgdds

I have taken the supplied ladder out and hung it in my garage at the house and I also took Jellystone's recommendation and purchased a folding 3 step ladder to use. My wife is not even 5' so it is required for her to reach even the bottom shelves in the kitchen cabinets :D .