2010 International Heartland Owners Rally Discussion

jbeletti

As of this moment (what day is it Jim H?), we are 50% sold for the rally. That's 50 rigs registered in less than 48 hours! You guys are good.

I am "planning" an early arrivals dinner out. It will be an "each pays his own" thing. I am planning it for Tuesday evening, as usual (Branson, Goshen...).

While I have yet to make the call to them, Lord knows got a good start at eating through their menu already - Caney Fish Camp Restaurant is where I am considering. They have a private room and if it's available, I'm gonna reserve it. Once that is done, i will know how many it will accommodate and then I will add that to the registration website and kick an email out to all registered attendees with a link. Click the link to manage your registration and sign yourself up for the early event. I do it this way only to keep track of the head-count and to make sure I don't go over the capacity of the room.

Jim

PSF513

Any idea how many returnees and how many newbies? Any idea of the distribution of attendees?

talley

As of this moment (what day is it Jim H?), we are 50% sold for the rally. That's 50 rigs registered in less than 48 hours! You guys are good.

I am "planning" an early arrivals dinner out. It will be an "each pays his own" thing. I am planning it for Tuesday evening, as usual (Branson, Goshen...).

While I have yet to make the call to them, Lord knows got a good start at eating through their menu already - Caney Fish Camp Restaurant is where I am considering. They have a private room and if it's available, I'm gonna reserve it. Once that is done, i will know how many it will accommodate and then I will add that to the registration website and kick an email out to all registered attendees with a link. Click the link to manage your registration and sign yourself up for the early event. I do it this way only to keep track of the head-count and to make sure I don't go over the capacity of the room.

Jim

Jim... make the call!! Diane and I ate at Caney Fish Camp Restaurant January 2008 and it was great! Good food and as I recall there was entertainment We will arrive earlier than planned to be able to enjoy the restaurant and great company.

Thanks for making the arrangment,
Jerry

truknutt

Committed Member
TrukNutt & Co. will arrive Monday, the 12th, after a brief layover in Alabama. 185 days to go!! This time we'll break out the bike for more than just a spin around the CG!!

cjhicks

Judy and I will be ariving on the 14th with the HOC Va. Chapter Convoy and departing on the 19th.:)

jbeletti

Jim... make the call!! Diane and I ate at Caney Fish Camp Restaurant January 2008 and it was great! Good food and as I recall there was entertainment We will arrive earlier than planned to be able to enjoy the restaurant and great company.

Thanks for making the arrangment,
Jerry

Thanks for the vote of confidence on my pick, Jerry. I'll "make the call", then holler out to y'all.

Jim

jbeletti

Any idea how many returnees and how many newbies? Any idea of the distribution of attendees?

Hi Pete and Deb,

No, that's a manual calculation based on comparison to past records that need to be pulled. No time for that right now.

If I do look at it later, what are you interested in comparing to? What year? Been doing these rallies since 2006. This is our first time to Nashville.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
OK, since there's food involved, we may have to move our arrival date up a few days. Cookie! Wanna Convoy???

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Convoy sound good, but we gotta meet jnphobe in Louisville, and then hook up with Katkens at Camping World in Nashville. Talk to you about it in June at the Dells.

Peace
Dave

PSF513

JIM: Just curious in general, Deb & I are newbies for the International rally and I was just wondering. We are very excited about attending.

THANKS

kkamshop

When I registered there was a list of attendees - now I can't find that link.

Could you post it on page 1 of this thread, Jim?

Leno

Can someone here help out a newbie.. I am trying to register for the rally but don't know what the chapter leader code is?

jnbhobe

:rolleyes: Thats just for chapter leaders !! Go ahead and sign uo without that part. It will go right thru without the code. JON ;);)

jbeletti

Nashville Rally FAQs, from the Registration Site

I added some FAQs tonight to the rally registration website and felt it best to post them here too as those considering the rally may be interested in it.

Jim

Rally Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q. We can't make it in until Thursday late afternoon, is it still worth coming?
What will we miss?
A. YES - it is definitely worth coming. The agenda is still being worked on
but we know we'll have a potluck Thursday night. Plan to join us!

Q. I want to come to the rally but what if it's sold-out. Am I out of luck?
A. A wait-list feature is built into this registration application

Q. Can we wash our trailers/trucks on our campsite?
A. While you are not allowed to wash vehicles at your site, they KOA does
have a wash area across from the office on the road coming into the
campground.

Q. Does the KOA have Internet service?
A. Yes. They offer free Wi-Fi.

Q. How many days/nights does the rally fee cover?
A. From the rally fees, we will be covering Thursday, Friday and Saturday
nights. So that's from check-in on Thursday to check-out Sunday.

Q. Are pets allowed at the Fairgrounds?
A. Yes. As always, your pets must be leashed and picked up after.

Q. Is there a "pet walk" or "dog run" area?
A. Pets are welcome and there is a Pet Playground.

Q. Can we cancel our registration/reservation?
A. Yes, cancellations will be accepted through June 11th.
Refunds "through this date" will be less a 10% processing fee
(our cost for registration and credit card fees).

Q. Can we arrive prior to July 15th and/or stay later than July 18th?
A. If space is available you can. For these "extra" days, you must
reserve in advance and pay for them directly with the KOA.
Due to the potential of other rallies before, during and after
ours, it's quite possible that for your extra days, you may be placed
on a different site for the extra days, then have to move to your
rally site on rally day 1. The cost for extra days is $52 per night.

Q. What are the check-in/out times for the camp sites?
A. Check in: 1:00 PM / Check out: 11:00 AM

Q. Are campfires allowed?
A. Yes. They sell firewood too.

Q. I don't own a Heartland product at this time, can I still come to the rally?
A. Sorry, this Heartland Owners Rally is open to current Heartland RV
product owners. You must bring and camp in your Heartland RV in
order to register for and participate in this rally.

Q. I am an invited vendor who will be presenting at the rally, can myself
and/or my family and/or my employees attend the rally?
A. Vendors who are are on our presentation schedule may camp in the
same section as all the rally attendees but on a ''space available'' basis.
Contact Jim Beletti for more information.

Q. Do I need to contact the KOA for anything?
A. Most attendees will have no reason to contact the KOA. The 3 nights of
the rally are covered by your rally fee and the KOA will assign your site when
you arrive. If you are planning to arrive one or more days early, then you DO
need to contact the KOA in order to make reservations for and pay for those
extra days. At that time, they will usually assign you a specific site number and
it is their "goal", not promise, to not move you for the rally.

Q. How does the site selection work - who does that?
A. The KOA will be doing the siting based on when you are arriving, when you are
leaving, the length of your RV and the number of slide-outs. Generally, your site
will be assigned to you upon arrival and check-in. If you are coming in one or
more days early, then you will have already contacted the KOA for those days and
they will have given you a specific site number.

Q. I am traveling to the rally with a group (my RV pals, my chapter etc.).
We'd like to sited together at the campground, is this possible?
A. Yes - this "may" be possible. Someone from your group needs to be the
coordinator of this. Then they need to contact Jen Stott at the KOA and she
will do her best to site you all together. The sooner the better on this as sites
get reserved, our area looks like Swiss cheese, meaning very few contiguous
sites left for a group to be sited together.

Q. I'd like to come to the rally but we can't bring our RV. We will be driving or flying
into the area. Can we still join the rally, what is the fee and where can we stay?
A. Yes - we'd love to have you join us. We worked this out with the KOA, if you
wish to stay on-site in one of their Kabins. They have Kabins that have a small
kitchenette in them. They will be furnished with bed linens and towels. They
have agreed to charge the rally campsite rate for these Kabins. This means that
you can join the rally and your standard rally fee will cover 3 nights of Kabin rental.
You can pay for early or late nights if you choose to come early or stay beyond
Sunday morning. As far as other places in the area to stay, there are several
hotels just a mile up the road from the KOA.

Q. Will we be able to rent Golf Carts from the KOA?
A. Sorry but no. They will have a couple available to the Club for rental and we may
rent them, but they will not be assigned to general attendees. They will be paid for
by Heartland and assigned to rally personnel. They will be used as courtesy
cars to help those who need a ride - as we have done at past International rallies.

jbeletti

Rally Convoys and Siting Together

Hey you rally convoyers,

If you are convoying into Nashville and you'd like to be sited together at the KOA, it "may" be possible.

Take a look at the FAQ below. Then, pick a convoy leader, coordinate with your leader and your leader can coordinate with Jenn Stott at the KOA and she will "do her best" to site you together.

Only the first few groups to call her will likely get sited how they want as the contiguous blocks will get eaten up. And, those coming in early will have been given their sites and they could be dotted all over our area, leaving gaps in contoguous blocks.

Plan now and call early!

Q. I am traveling to the rally with a group (my RV pals, my chapter etc.). We'd like to sited together at the campground, is this possible?

A. Yes - this "may" be possible. Someone from your group needs to be the coordinator of this. Then they need to contact Jen Stott at the KOA and she will do her best to site you all together. The sooner the better on this as sites get reserved, our area looks like Swiss cheese, meaning very few contiguous sites left for a group to be sited together.

jbeletti

2010 Nashville Rally Stats as of 09-Jan

Stats based on 56 rigs registered through 9-January

Model Year
2005 0 0%
2006 10 18%
2007 5 9%
2008 11 20%
2009 22 39%
2010 6 11%
2011 2 4%

Brand
Big Country 2 4%
Bighorn 35 62%
Cyclone 1 2%
Landmark 11 20%
Sundance 7 12%

Slide-Outs
2 3 5%
3 36 64%
4 16 29%
5 1 2%

Length
32' 4 7%
33' 1 2%
34' 6 11%
35' 6 11%
36' 5 9%
37' 8 14%
38' 12 21%
39' 8 14%
40' 6 11%

By State/Province
AL 1
AR 3
FL 1
GA 1
IA 2
ID 1
IL 5
IN 1
KS 1
MD 2
MI 3
MO 1
MS 1
NC 1
NJ 1
NY 1
OH 3
OK 1
ON 2
OR 1
PA 3
SD 2
TN 2
TX 7
VA 6
WI 3

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Leader of the Pack

Way to go VA/MD/WV chapter! We're leading the pack so far for number of attendees:)! Keep up the good work.

Gus