Furnace Problems

jdoddharm

I have an Eagle Ridge 35QSQB, and my furnace doesn't seem to be blowing out of the vents hard, you have to hold your hand right up to the vent in order to feel the air. We stayed in it a couple of weeks ago during some pretty cold weather and it wouldn't keep the trailer warm. I have checked what I can as far as duct work and it all seems to be connected, but in the front bedroom you can barely feel any air at all. Any help would be appreciated.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have an Eagle Ridge 35QSQB, and my furnace doesn't seem to be blowing out of the vents hard, you have to hold your hand right up to the vent in order to feel the air. We stayed in it a couple of weeks ago during some pretty cold weather and it wouldn't keep the trailer warm. I have checked what I can as far as duct work and it all seems to be connected, but in the front bedroom you can barely feel any air at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Is the flexible ducting bent around obstacles or looped on itself? I had to move/cut the duct to the bedroom on ours because it was so long it drooped into a U-bend (and rested against a metal hose clamp edge). The one to our bathroom is crimped hard against the drain pipe coming from the kitchen. Not sure how to fix that one (next season?). I did "harden" the connection to the bedroom vent, though, as shown in the photo. I also replaced all of the floor registers with adjustable ones to better distribute the heat, otherwise the bedroom was like an oven and the rear living room a meat locker (can get cold in northern Michigan in the summer).

jmaguire

Take the cover off of the furnace return. Check and see if all the flex ducts are tightly connected. They have metal takeoffs that twist into the furnace to lock them in. On ours 2 of them fell off and the air was circulating back into the furnace.