Fulltimers looking at Road Warrior

Wingnusa

Wow...questions and comments...we have a few.

We fulltime and are looking for a toyhauler that can fill the bill of standing up to fulltime use, not just weekender use. Liveable not weekendable.
We looked at a RW361 and RW395 today at length here in Quartzsite but would like to see the RW365 and 385.

1)....Carpet. I'm sorry but it really is not attractive:(. It looks like shag carpet...talk about flashback to the 70s :D Can a person buy their choice of carpet and have it put in? Or are there other choices?

2)....Exterior graphics. We are looking at a brochure we got from a dealer and it says "Louisville 2009 Special" in the upper right corner. This paint job is much more attractive and exactly what we are looking for. Can we get this fullbody paint job like the one on this brochure or would we be stuck with the stickers seen on the other models? We sure like paint instead of stickers...

3)...Hitch. Is an air hitch like the Trail-Air available. After towing for many miles with one I don't think we would buy a 5er without one.

4)...Suspension. Can we get something comparable to the Mor-Ryde suspension with Dexter nevr-lube axles? Is the ez-flex suspension the same idea? Again, we really love the ride with this setup.

5)...Windows. The website doesn't mention thermo-pane windows. Are they available? This one is a necessity.

6)....In the 395 model. Is there a reason for no underbed storage? Even with a ram there should be some??

7)...Front jacks. Independent adjustments available?

8)....As we fulltime...Is it possible for 40lb propane tanks instead of 30's? And, the huge hole under the tanks, I see that area as a big dirt catcher. How about closing it or at least just putting in a vent instead?

9)...Furnace...Is the furnace accessed from the front compartment? I saw screws on the wall and was curious.

10)...Siding behind pin under the bedroom overhang...The siding that is on the ceiling under the front overhang and down by the front compartment door seems really loose. I first noticed it when I put my hand on the left side of the compartment door. The siding was bowed about 1/2" away from the aluminum stud so I started tapping on all the areas in the front and everything seemed loose. For fulltiming and towing lots of miles, this will be an issue. Maybe not right away but eventually. Has this been noticed and addressed?

That's it for now. We are certainly not bashing the product but we see toyhaulers being built for weekend use but we would like to have one for fulltiming. This one has good fulltiming possiblilities with some tweaking.

Thanks for your time!!

Wingnusa

This is a "Prospective Owners Forum" and no comments from anyone with Heartland or owners that have dealt with these issues?:confused:

jimtoo

Hi wingnusa,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share.

You are asking about almost the newest thing Heartland has on the market in a toy hauler and the least expensive one. With what you are asking about, you need to be looking at a Cyclone that has the options you want and I think some are even standard. Although no manufacture says they make a full time unit, many people do use them for that purpose, including many Heartlanders. Please look at a Cyclone and check them out, I think you will be more than happy.

Jim M

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I don't know about the RW line...but, like Jim, I heard the Cyclone is an awesome RV! :D :D

They didn't offer dual pane windows on this model when I bought it - too new, at the time. They may have them by now. I have 30# bottles, but bought a 100# also.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Jim,
Maybe you could move this post to "Ask the Factory".

That might help in a response. Alot of these questions require an intimate knowledge of this specific trailer.

Wingnusa

Thanks for the responses folks. We've never seen a Cyclone in a lot or on the road so I guess we'll have to look around a little to find one. The RW just didn't seem to have the quality built in that I always hope for but did have some good floorplans. Thanks again...

Mike Aplin

Thank you for your interest in Heartland RV and the Cyclone/Road Warrior products. The answer on many of your questions is yes. We have made several enhancements to the new 2011 Cyclone and Road Warrior products, many of which are now standard and no extra charge. I would love the opportunity to speak with you further about all the new and exciting enhancements in great detail. If you want to call Heartland at 574-266-8726 and ask for me in the toy hauler division, I will help you any way that I can. Thanks, Mike