2009 Big Country Satellite wiring diagram

Hello All,
New to the forum but not new to RVing. Just bought a 2009 Big Country 3490RB and have a question about the satellite wiring.

I have HD DVR's that I want to install into the bedroom and living room and need to have 2 inputs into each DVR for the ability to watch one channel and record another. What are you guys doing to allow that to happen with the current wiring setups in the RV?

What does the roof mounted wiring go to? Is it just a straight piece of wire from the top to that location in the UDC? My only idea that we would have to do it jumper the two plugs together if using a rooftop dish. Not to worry here, I have my dish on a tripod and just need a 2nd input for the DVR's and guides to work.

I have seen articles online about installing a SWM switch with directv and that allows a single wire install of the system. I have 4 outputs from my dish so I have plenty of that stuff. I just need to know if there is a way to install my system without changing a lot of wiring.

Nice to meet you all and look forward to talking wiith all of you!

Scott

2005 F-350 6.0L Superduty DRW.
Bully Dog 4" Stainless Steel Exhaust, Cold Air Intake and Outlook Monitor.
2009 Big Country 3490RB

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Scott
Welcome to the forum and Congrats to your new BC.

I haven't convinced myself I need Dish while I am camping so I can't help you with your hookups. Someone here will surely know the answer though. There are alot of people here that are pretty sharp on that sort of thing.

Elder1

Welcome to the forum.
We have a portable dish and I don't worry about recording one while watching another so I'm not much help, sorry.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Unless you go to Direct's SWM system you will have to run an additional coax to your sets. I have the SWM parts but have not had time to try it. I do like most and only get one channel at a time.

caissiel

There is now multi TV Dish boxes available, I thing they have one simple input and more then one TV output
I'M I right when I say that.

2010augusta

I did fish a second SAT line to the main entertainment center for a DVR, but did not ever have a reason for one in the bedroom. We just used a standard reciver there.

PM me if you need details on the running extra wiring.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulation on your new BC. Our BC was supposed to be wired for 2 satellite (at least 2 satellite plugs in the docking station) but we also couldn't figure out where the 2nd one went. DH took the backing off and found out that the 2nd plug wasn't even wired, just a dummy plate. He had to wiggle, push and feed a 2nd wire from the station to the bedroom, putting in a second plate for the satellite receiver. He also ran another line into the basement for a 3rd receiver. Now we have 3 receiver (1 more than we have in our own home). Pretty bad when you have more lcds and receivers in the rig than the house. The DVR is only in the house.

SWM directv install

Thanks to all that have replied. I think in the end, I will call the guys at www.solidsignal.com and order the SWM setup. That way all I have to do is find the line that goes to my sons room and fish a cable up there. I have the DVR's so I wanted to use them. I will set up a standard receiver in his room for him. Life will be good.

Look forward to talking to you all soon.

By the way...where do I find out what my heartland owners number is?

Thanks again,
Scott

2005 F350 SD 6.0L DRW 4x4 crew cab
2009 Big Country 3490RB

Last edited:

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Scott,

Once you join the Heartland Owners Club, you will recieve a number and a bunch of goodies.

Check this out

//heartlandowners.org/forumdisplay.php?f=349

Update on my satellite wiring....I have ordered the SWM-8 multiswitch (powered) and also the SWS-4 splitter. This set-up will take the 4 inputs from my dish and make one output to the splitter, and then I will hook up each receiver with one output each from the splitter. This setup amplifies the signal and it will allow me to record one channel and watch another...so no need for a second input to the DVR. Problem solved.

Last edited:
I have a DISH DVR with 2 recievers. I hooked the dish to the satelite connection then went from the satelite connection inside the camper to the DVR input. I then ran a cable from TV 1 output to the main TV and from the TV 2 output to the antenna connection on the wall. This feeds the output from the second reciever to the bedroom and the basement connection in the cargo area. Now I can watch one program outside and my wife can watch a different program inside at the same time without running any extra cables through the camper. I have a 2009 Landmark Augusta.