New member to Cyclone family in BC

Kendy

Hi,
Wanted to say Hi to fellow B.C. er's / Can. :)

We're going in tomorrow to order our first Cyclone.
"2011 Cyclone 3010"

We currently have a 29' travel trailer.
It will take a little getting used to, going to a fifth, but we're looking forward to it.

We're pretty much going fully loaded.
Any suggestions or must have's / must do's for us to consider?

Thanks and hope to meet up with some of you soon,
Kendy...

Riverman

Congratulations on the new toy and welcome to the forum.
You will find a overwhelming amount of info here.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Kendy
welcome to the Heartland family.
Really hope that you will be able to make it to the BC Chapter rally this next September so we can meet you
Rand

loafer

Kendy
congrats on your new cyclone we ar e in Chilliwack and hope to meet up with more BC people. We plan to be in merrit in Sept for the BC rallyhope you can be there.
Bill

Kendy

Thank you all for the warm welcomes :)
Looking forward to meeting up someday.

We've done it, put some $'s down and signed the papers.
Our order will be going in early next week, just gotta bring our 05 29BHS Jayco TT in for inspection and acceptance.
Then the waiting game begins, I'm sure the anticipation will start to build in a few weeks :rolleyes:

We travel into the U.S. regularly, Oregon Coast / California / Nevada...
I see a trip to Palm Springs / Vegas sometime this year :cool:
And a Cross Canada Trip sometime in the not too distant future.

We've done many Road Trips staying in hotels.
Haven't done a long distance road trip with our current travel trailer.

We will have to get use to towing a fifth now.
Should we have any concerns about height / clearance in some places? Was in New York over Xmas and observed very low clearances on some of the overpasses.
I believe the highway overpasses in Canada have lots of clearance?

Looking forward to attending a rally, we'll see what our schedule looks like for Sept., be great to meetup with fellow Heartland owners ;)

Talk soon,
Ken... (& Wendy) = Kendy :angel:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Prior to leaving on a trip do an internet search for low clearances. Just to be on the safe side.

bigbird272

Hey Loafer, Surrey B. C. here. Although I like to say White Rock as I am very close to it and saying White Rock is never saying you are Surrey lol. I pick up my new 3580 Bighorn at Traveland R. V. tomorrow morning. We may go to Merrit yet, not sure right now.

Rick

loafer

Hey Big bird
What a nice 5 th wheel I am sure you will love it hope to meet you someday maybe Merrit. Surreys almost whiterock anyways . Have fun with your new rig.
Bill

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Thank you all for the warm welcomes :)
Looking forward to meeting up someday.

We've done it, put some $'s down and signed the papers.
Our order will be going in early next week, just gotta bring our 05 29BHS Jayco TT in for inspection and acceptance.
Then the waiting game begins, I'm sure the anticipation will start to build in a few weeks :rolleyes:

We travel into the U.S. regularly, Oregon Coast / California / Nevada...
I see a trip to Palm Springs / Vegas sometime this year :cool:
And a Cross Canada Trip sometime in the not too distant future.

We've done many Road Trips staying in hotels.
Haven't done a long distance road trip with our current travel trailer.

We will have to get use to towing a fifth now.
Should we have any concerns about height / clearance in some places? Was in New York over Xmas and observed very low clearances on some of the overpasses.
I believe the highway overpasses in Canada have lots of clearance?

Looking forward to attending a rally, we'll see what our schedule looks like for Sept., be great to meetup with fellow Heartland owners ;)

Talk soon,
Ken... (& Wendy) = Kendy :angel:

Well, since you come down this way fairly often, maybe you would like to come to the Oregon rally in June? The link is on the main portal page. You and the rest of the neighbors up north are more than welcome to come on down!
Kristy

Kendy

Hi Kristy,
Thanks for the invite, we'll see what we can do to make it out to your rally. Sounds like fun :)
We usually make it to Cannon Beach and Seaside at least once a year.
We've always stayed in hotels/motels.
We plan on doing many roadtrips with our new Cyclone.

The waiting game begins, we're hoping for an early to mid March delivery.

Kendy...

bigredtruck

Hi Kristy,
Thanks for the invite, we'll see what we can do to make it out to your rally. Sounds like fun :)

Kendy...
The Oregon Rally is great - you should try to get there if you can. The dates aren't working for us this year, so we can't go. Love those sand dunes!!!!

loafer

Hey Kristy
Cant make your rally this year but its on our 2011 bucket list.We stopped by Winchester bay last Sept,What a nice park to have a rally at. We are going x-Canada this year so will miss you folks. Going to Ohio and Nashville rally on the way back home in July.Hope to meet you folks next year.
Regards Bill

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hi Kristy,

Kendy...

It would be great if you could make it. :D We do try to have a god time even if the weather doesn't always cooperate.

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hey Kristy
Cant make your rally this year but its on our 2011 bucket list.We stopped by Winchester bay last Sept,What a nice park to have a rally at. We are going x-Canada this year so will miss you folks. Going to Ohio and Nashville rally on the way back home in July.Hope to meet you folks next year.
Regards Bill

Look forward to it!
Kristy

loafer

Kendy
We have had soem work done at Cottonwoods rv and like what they did and Met Ken the service manager there who is very knowledgeable also.
The girl in parts is very good as well . we didnt buy our sundance thru them as we were not aware at the time that they were a Heartland dealer.
My .02 cents worth
Bill in Chilliwack

Kendy

It would be great if you could make it. :D We do try to have a god time even if the weather doesn't always cooperate.

Kristy

Hi Kristy,
We're working on our schedule / vacation time.
Be great to come down and meetup with you and other H.L. owners.
Is there lots of sites left? Waterfront?
We'll let you know.

Any other BC'ers / Vancouverites heading down?

Talk soon,
Ken...:cool: