GMC Turbo Availability?

Uncle Rog

This does not sound right, a friend of mine with a Chevy 06 DMAX has been told by Chevy / GMC that he can not get a new turbo until 3/28/10. You would think there was ONE available somewhere..............

bighorn3370

I would think you are right in that one would be somewhere closer. I sell Isuzu engine parts for heavy equipment. They normaly do not need big components. I have had one that took about six weeks to get a cylinder liner. Being an '06, is this something for warranty? If not, I would think any diesel fuel shop should have one or be able to rebuild your friend's. Just my two cents.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Rog, when I get to work on monday I will ask if there is a parts problem. I assume he has the "D" motor. Bob:D

Last edited:

Uncle Rog

Thanks guys, the truck is under warranty, extended I believe. He has talked to GM directly and the dealer has given him a '10 Sierra as a loaner. The rub is he does not have his rig to go to the desert with his SOB toyhauler, by the first of April the Mojave season is over, too hot. Thanks Bob and Bighorn3370, I know the Fords were burning up turbos pretty regularly, makes me a little nervous if a major component is 10 weeks away, he has already been down for close to 2 weeks.

Uncle Rog

Howdy Ray, nope, he added air bags and a KN "type" air filter, other than that the rig is stock. The dealer made no noise at all about the air filter. We both talked about a tuner but opted not to for the warranty question. After I put on the AFE intake and cat back exhaust I have all the power I need anyway...........................As far as a cause it has not been fully determined, but I will find out, walking does not appeal to me!

nhunter

Thanks guys, the truck is under warranty, extended I believe. He has talked to GM directly and the dealer has given him a '10 Sierra as a loaner. The rub is he does not have his rig to go to the desert with his SOB toyhauler, by the first of April the Mojave season is over, too hot. Thanks Bob and Bighorn3370, I know the Fords were burning up turbos pretty regularly, makes me a little nervous if a major component is 10 weeks away, he has already been down for close to 2 weeks.
Should have bought a Ford, there's lots of spare parts around. Sorry couldn't resist. My dealer had my Ford turbo in stock.

caissiel

Often when the OEM needs parts for their trucks here in this area they go to the after market.
I was told that years ago by a wholesale GM. Ford and Dodge supplier.
They supply all spare parts. The turbo is not a GM parts its also shared by other products.
Get the dealer too get one soon or I would call the better business bureau on them.

Uncle Rog

No problemo nhunter, I hate to admit it but Ford seems to be doing a pretty good job all around these days. My contention about the Powerstroke's seems accurate, they need to have them in stk! HA! All kidding aside, caissiel makes a valid point, there should be something dependable available.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
John, good point and as you drive you can find parts for Fords laying in the street. LOL:D

Rog, dont know why...but thats the answer I got today also??