Best sewer hose?

soilmovers

What is the best sewer hose to buy? Something that is sturdy and won't spring links in less than a year.

Thanks,
Cindy

2010augusta

We have really liked the EZ Coupler bayonet system. the system has 2-10' hoses so you don't have to have too much extra hose when it is not needed. it includes a 4-1 adapter and the hoses both if into the factory storage tube.

We have used it for over a year now and it is showing no signs of wear.

bayonet-sewer-kit-valterra.jpg

If/when it wears out we will either replace it with another or go with either a Dominator or a Rhino-Flex.

Delaine and Lindy

Blue Line...

We have used Blue Line on most all our 5th wheels. And the one we are using now has been in use for 4 years. I think the key is it isn't on the ground it sets in the extension. I use the Blue Line elevated hose support. I have two each and the Blue Line hose and the elevated hose support will fit inside the storage tube which is mounted under the 5er. I did try Rino flex but had bad luck with the connections and leaks. Some people have better luck. GBY..

circusbear

We use a rhino hose. We have 2 ten footers hooked together and have had them for two years with no problems as of yet. As was said before the hose does not lay on the ground. It is on a slunky. Works for us.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
We also switched to the Rhino and so far so good. I like the stiffer hose because it is easier for me to control.

SilverRhino

We are using the Rhino hose currently, used Blue line in the past. Both seem to work well.

Avoid the Wally World specials....you ger what you pay for ;)

We use the sewer solution and have had the same one for five years with no issues. Easier to store, do not have to make sure hose goes down hill, easy to rinse out, and a lot less expensive than a macerator. It comes wit a 10 foot hose but an extra hose is available.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
Re: The expense of a macerator: When I originally got into RV camping this was a very topical subject and one that I took very seriously due to the conditions of the area if a breakage or leakage occurs. (Or on my own hands with every set-up and break down, I grew tired fast of those GLOVES!)

If you buy a macerator and quality set of hoses (And of course camp regularly) you will get your money out of a macerator. I get satisfaction, confidence (No leaks) and ease of use every time I use it!

I would NEVER go back to the "stinky-slinky!"

IMHO and .02 :angel:

RoadJunkie

We're going to need an opinion from the rules committee on this one. Does PVC qualify as a hose?

I'm with the Rhino bunch.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
And...if you have enough slope on it, you can leave your gray valves open in winter without it freezing up. I usually only leave my W/D gray tank valve open. After about 3 loads, it fills the tank when closed. Cyclone garage is an excellent location to haul these PVC pipes. OK, pipes...not hoses! After rinsing out the pipes, use the FERNCO (Home Depot) rubber fittings for capping them off to keep any residual drainage from leaking on the floor of the garage. :)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
HT, how did you connect the PVC to the sewer outlet connection? Sitting on a seasonal site all summer, that might be a good idea for me, too. The sewer connection is pretty close to my rig, so it won't be a long run

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
I used a 3" 90 degree elbow into a "Blue-line" quick disconnect into a doughnut (Sponge ring).

I am really close also: I used less than 2 feet of conduit.

My inventory (From memory...) in order form RV outward was:

1 four prong HD 3" converter (RV to 3" conduit)
1 - 3" X 2' PVC schedule 40
2 - 90 degree 3" elbows
2 - 3" PVC couplings
1 - 3" quick disconnect (Tapers down)
1 - Sponge ring