Roadside emergency

olcoon

We will be picking up our new Elk Ridge sometime around the end of this month or first of next month, and I was just wondering what some of you do in case you break down on the road. I carry road flares in my truck now, but was considering getting the reflective triangles. Also I have been thinking about getting a cordless impact wrench for changing a flat tire, and or tightening the lug nuts. I was wondering if they would be worth the expense, and if the battery would hold up. Of course, my tool box is just like an American Express card...I don't leave home without it! Any other tips/advise would be appreicated!

Jellystone

I keep a "bunch" of stuff in mine as well-too much to list-but a few things that come to mind--High quality flashlights (w/good batteries), trailersaver tire change chock/lift (for changing tire on side of road), plenty of caulk & eternabond tape, wd40, lithium grease (in the spray can), of course screwdrivers-allen wrenches-hammer(rubber & carpenter's)-ratchet & sockets w/extensions-reflective triangles (2)-old blanket to lie on for under coach inspection on rough ground-slide out lubricant-spare fresh water hose-extra length of sewer hose w/correct fittings on ends-40' of coax for cable TV-extra fresh water fittings including water pressure regulator fitting-volt meter-black tank treatment chemicals-leather work gloves/latex disposable gloves-spare o-rings for fresh water hose end-bungee cords-lug wrench-battery jumper cables-proper "lug" wrenches for maual overides an all things on trailer so equipped-And a whole bunch more. Hope some of this helps (i'm tired of typing).

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
olcoon, I recomend Good Sam Emergency Road Service. Tire change is just a phone call away. And if you ever really break down it covers towing of you truck and camper.

Peace
Dave

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I use the Coachnet ERS. Being an Escapee I get a large discount on their premium policy. If your not an Escapee check out both Good Sams and Coachnet. See what the differences are before you purchase their service. As what you need for on the road problems. You should have a bottle jack of at least 6k and a torque wrench, with correct sockets and a 3" extension. The leverage you can get with a Torque wrench should make it easy enough to loosen and tighten your lugs up to about 150# torque.

BC