19.5 wheels...

Drew

Who's runnin 19.5's. I just called Dan at Rickson and pulled the trigger on a set. For you guys who have them, what tires are you runnin. Thanks for any info, Drew

trvlrerik

I have them on my 05 f450 work truck. I am running 225/70/19.5 Kuhmo G rated, 65k with no problems to report.

Drew

I was looking at the Kuhmo's. What model are they? What are your thoughts on those tires.

Delaine and Lindy

When I had the Chevy Kodiak 4500 I ran Michelin tires, now that I have a Freightliner I'm running 22.5's for steer tires and they are Toyo's and the drivers are Sumitomo. Both type tires are wearing great. If I ever have to replace the drivers I will go with the Toyo's. The Toyo's have never been balanced and there is no vibration at all. I don't undertand the need for 19.5's on a 1 ton Truck?. I see were Ford aren't going to be using the 19.5's on the 2011's? However the Michelins are great wearing tires but are very Pricey. I paid $285.00 per tire for the Toyo's. Good Luck on your choice. GBY....

Drew

When I had the Chevy Kodiak 4500 I ran Michelin tires, now that I have a Freightliner I'm running 22.5's for steer tires and they are Toyo's and the drivers are Sumitomo. Both type tires are wearing great. If I ever have to replace the drivers I will go with the Toyo's. The Toyo's have never been balanced and there is no vibration at all. I don't undertand the need for 19.5's on a 1 ton Truck?. I see were Ford aren't going to be using the 19.5's on the 2011's? However the Michelins are great wearing tires but are very Pricey. I paid $285.00 per tire for the Toyo's. Good Luck on your choice. GBY....

I feel any increase in saftey is worth it. 12 or 14 ply tires are better than 10. Also, getting more milage out of a set of tires is appealing to me. They look cool too!

rvn4fun

We have 245/70/19.5 Michelin on the front and Toyos on the back. Had to replace front tires for our trip down to Texas. About fell over from sticker shock when I went shopping for this size.

2010augusta

I really like the Hankook AH11's they are a good load range F tire, but only available in 17.5, 19.5, and 22.5 for medium duty trucks. They are quite/silent and give good all weather traction although I would not haul anything on snow or ice with them.​

trvlrerik

I was looking at the Kuhmo's. What model are they? What are your thoughts on those tires.

I am running the KRS03 highway ribbed. I was wrong about the width, they are 245/70/19.5. They are wearing like iron, but I would not reccomend the ribs on all 6 wheels, I have to be very careful about mud or snow (not a 4X4). I have been stuck in 1" mud and snow. The duals are pretty close together and do pick up rocks and throw them (thank God for full width mud flaps).

I am guessing they are still good for 20k more miles, I will probably replace them with more Kuhmos, but narrower on the duals with some tread.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
The 19.5 are a great upgrade to the OEM stuff. I am running goodyear G124 265/70/19.5 Great tire, real good traction. A nice size also

Drew

Thanks for the info guys. I picked up some Contential's for a great price. Made in the USA...