2011 Showers 2010

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I really like the new rounded door of the 2011 Landmark shower. Is the profile of that new unit such that it can be retro-fitted to my 2010 Pinehurst?? I know I'd probably have to replace the base along with the shower unit, but just wondered if it was "doable"

thanks,

Keith

K

Kevin_Finn

You can retro fit your 2010 Pinehurst to the new radius shower unit, but remember these are 1 piece fiberglass shower surrounds and I am not sure how you would get it out/in your unit.

klindgren

You can retro fit your 2010 Pinehurst to the new radius shower unit, but remember these are 1 piece fiberglass shower surrounds and I am not sure how you would get it out/in your unit.

Kevin,

Ary you saying it will not fit through the front door? Or it will but I need to have my dealer do it because he's got the right tools to do it? Or is it something I would have to have the factory retro-fit?

Thanks for your response. I really like that new rounded shower door and if it is at all possible I'd love to have one installed in my 2010 Pinehurst.

Keith

jbeletti

Keith,

The "one-piece" radius shower we use "will not" go through your front door. Even if you brought it through a removed rear window, it likely would be wider than your stairway and/or bathroom doorway.

This said, there are companies that make 2-piece radius showers designed to come through the door. We don't have access to those as we don't use them. If you are serious about doing this and want to come to Elkhart to have it done, there are several shops in town that could likely do it. Consider calling Ron Green at RV America at 574-596-6685. I've seen his people put these in with the same self-storing shower doors when the make the American RVs from a OEM supplied 5th wheel shell.

Moving this thread out of LM ATF and into LM Interior.

Jim

klindgren

Keith,

The "one-piece" radius shower we use "will not" go through your front door. Even if you brought it through a removed rear window, it likely would be wider than your stairway and/or bathroom doorway.

This said, there are companies that make 2-piece radius showers designed to come through the door. We don't have access to those as we don't use them. If you are serious about doing this and want to come to Elkhart to have it done, there are several shops in town that could likely do it. Consider calling Ron Green at RV America at 574-596-6685. I've seen his people put these in with the same self-storing shower doors when the make the American RVs from a OEM supplied 5th wheel shell.

Moving this thread out of LM ATF and into LM Interior.

Jim

Thnaks Jim. I'm not sure I want to go to all that trouble. I really like the new shower design and wanted one if it was a simple remove and replace. Seeing as how it is not, I think I'll stay with what I've got until I can convince "She who must be listended to and Obeyed" that we need another new trailer. My last response from her in that area was something about a certain place freezing over first.

Keith