"The Competition"

I am interested in knowing what is the Landmark's competition? I read in the brochures that there are components listed on this 5er (Landmark) that beat the competition, however, who is the competition? Carriage Cameo, DRV Mobile Suites, Excel Classic, Torrey Pine, Big Sky, ...could someone let me know. This would help in my decision process elimination, I could really see what I could get for my dollar.

Hello,
Could anyone out there tell me what Landmark's competition is? I read the brochures and they tell me that Landmark is better in certain ways than the competition. If I would know what manufacture's brand that Landmark is competing with...it would give me a better choice of what to research when doing comparison shopping. We all want the most and best our money can buy. (within OUR price range) Thanks.

lwmcguir

Check out Yellowstone and Montanna, on each side of a Landmark

Montanna is the best selling and cheaper

Yellowstone is a good camper, at least ours was. Had it 10 years and it never saw a repair facility

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Landmark has no competion. It is by far and away the best bang for the buck. Don't look past Heartland and you won't regret it. The biggest decision you have is whether to by a Landmark or a Big Horn. Each have thier own benefits, but nobody and I mean nobody can compare to them in price (what you get for your money) nor in value.

Just my Unbiased opinion I might add.:angel:

2010augusta

There aren't any:D.

But seriously i would be the Landmarks in the same class as forest river's Cardinals and Carriage Cameos, The standards and options on all three are about the same.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I think in addition to Alan's post, the Montana Big Sky, Sunnybrook and maybe the Everest are in the same category of the LM. I think the regular Montana, Cedar Creek and maybe the Challenger are in line with the BH. There are many other brands out there as well. We have kicked tires on quite a few S.O.B.'s and even though there are a few that have some things we like more than our BH, we have found none that compare overall. Especially when we get to the closet. We also like the cabinets all the way across the LR slide outs and the rear wall.

Thanks for the input, I really like the Landmark and have looked at them for a while...I was just curious because I want to cover all bases.

Dave Buck

I've seen a couple of the Big Horn models (really like the layout of the 3670) and that is what lead me to this forum. We have looked at Mobile Suites and we are going this weekend to see the Cameos. There aren't any local dealers that carry the Landmark. May have to plan a trip this summer to look at them or maybe I could get Jim to invite me over to his place. Have about a year to make a decision on our future home.

jbeletti

...maybe I could get Jim to invite me over to his place...

You know it Dave! I store it out at Lehman's near Marengo. Anytime it's home (there), I'd love to give you a tour. It's in Elkhart getting some goodies right now.

Anything for a Trailmanor owner ya know :) Seriously - the DRV Mobile Suites is an awesome product. If that's your budget - it's a sweet coach. If you're looking for a similar level of refinement at a much lower price point - do give Landmark a very serious look. In fact, let's see some being made. I plan to head back to Elkhart on on March 22-24. Would love to give you a tour :)

Jim

Jim

Dave Buck

I would like to see your new Landmark. Sometime this summer I'll give you a PM and stop by and see it. I can't make it to Elkhart in March but I do want to see an Augusta sometime. I may have to make that trip to Elkhart sometime this summer too.

Yes, I do remember you from your TM days.