2008 Ford f450 location of 5Th wheel power cord location

MFL

Did anyone change where they plug in they 5 th wheel cord, i have mine on the bumper is there a easy way to plug in the 5th wheel in the bed of the truck. thanks mario

jnbhobe

You can buy a plugin cord that plugs into the back of your 7 wire plug and the other end mounts in the bed. All the mfgs like valley and drawtite have them

jnbhobe

Check with your dealer, they should have it or be able to get it. I think retail is about $68. Jon

PSF513

I have mine set up to connect in the wall of the bed. I had my dealer install it that way and I am very happy. No cords hnging out of the bed

jnbhobe

Thats the link I was trying to put up Dave !! Just can't figure out these computers sometimes. JON

truknutt

Committed Member
Jon,

Did you take that as a "zinger"? I sure didn't mean it to be. I think a certain moderator's trying to stir up some trouble!! ;)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You might want to mount the plug at the rear of the bed between the wheel house and the tailgate on the drivers side. Less chance of it getting tangled in the hitch or on something else on sharp turns. Use a good 3" hole saw. JMHO. Bob

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
3" hole saw? Bob, I think I used something like a 1.5".

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• plug ..JPG
    plug ..JPG
    280.2 KB · Views: 34

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dave, your right, it is a 2" like Truk mentioned. Had a case of CRS. I did find out with the kit I have that you get FAR TOO much wire with it. Also with a 2" hole you have to plug the harness in with the plug already installed in the bed side. There is not enough room to plug the connector into the plug and push it through the 2" hole. My plug has a square plate on it that takes 4 screws to hold it to the bed side. I watched the video that Truk posted...no way was the plug and harness connected together going through a 2" hole, at least on my kit.

Dave, is the second plug for your mid-ship turn signals?? Bob

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Dave, is the second plug for your mid-ship turn signals?? Bob[/QUOTE]

No Bob, it is for my backup camera. Which, by the way, I will never be without.

Peace
Dave

rvn4fun

On my old pull vehicle a 97 Ford, I had the dealer move the trailor plug, into the back inside fender area. They did it at no charge and I was happy with it, no cord hanging over the tailgate, and they moved it for no cost as I was buying it new.

lwmcguir

I do my installs exactly like Tom does. Works better if you buy a female with a 90 but you can make a straight one work. Then I solder it to the wires going to the factory plug in the bumper. Keeps the cord out of the way as the other posters noted.