Wiki

trvlrerik

Are you talking about wikipedia? if so it is an online reference source with "facts" supplied by the online community in general. I am not a big fan, my kids have used it and the information is not always correct or missing important information relavent to the facts of an issue.

trvlrerik

Ooops I just saw the wikki on the header of the home page. Where do I sign up for idiot of the day?

rick_debbie_gallant

might be a new thread topic heading. Something like "I Can't Believe I did that"! It could cover some of the dumbest things ever done, etc.

jbeletti

Hey all,

I see you have noticed :) Yes, there is a Heartland Owners Wiki now. A wiki is "a collaborative website whose content can be edited by anyone who has access to it". This means it's user community owned in the sense of "contribution of content". And as Erik mentions, in that the content is user community supplied, that doesn't make it accurate, or spelled correctly or vetted etc. Due to it's collaborative nature, in a way, it can be self-correcting. That is to say that if someone adds content that is inaccurate in some way, other users can make the corrections.

One day soon, I will unveil my vision for the use of the Heartland Owners Wiki. Until then, I'll put this call out there... If there is anyone on this forum who has experience with providing content on Wikis, and therefore understands formatting, linking etc. within the constructs of the MediaWiki product, please drop me a line via email or PM by clicking my name at the top-left of this post.

I will be looking for Wiki editors as well as Wiki content providers. And nearly anyone can be a content provider provided you have relevant knowledge of the matter at hand.

More to come...

Jim

RollingHome

KUDO's on the WIKI addition Jim Biletti. It will be another great tool for us ALL to use, thanks for your efforts... Man this HL forum just keeps getting better and better :)

branson4020

Icantre Member
Great Addition! Much better than an FAQ. Finally, someplace to post the definitive answer to "Whats the best truck?" :rolleyes:

jbeletti

Great Addition! Much better than an FAQ. Finally, someplace to post the definitive answer to "Whats the best truck?" :rolleyes:

Bob, finally someone who really gets me - yes, it's a sophisticated model that will bring closure to the truck debate :)

Seriously - thanks for recognizing the potential. We shall see.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I like the wiki. I go to its big brother, pedia, all the time.

I noticed "sewer trout" has already made the list of RV terms. JohnDar, your famous!!!!

Jim-n-Leslie

The Wiki is a great place to put those how-to photos and guidance for various topics we all are looking to get our arms around. Maybe even some how-not-to do wiki posts, like black tank disasters - well, lets pass on that one... Or maybe how to best clean or caulk the rubber roof, etc. Then if someone has lessons learned, they can add more content, amking it a pretty comprehensive wiki. Cool.
Jim

jbeletti

Hi Jim,

Yes - I have great hope for the Wiki. Not ready to get rolling with it just yet but very soon. And yes, rich content is a go (pictures, maybe even video at some point).

Jim