Goodyears on 2011's

ChopperBill

At the RV show the factory rep and the salesman said that Goodyear's will be coming on the trailers with G rated tires. I said its about time the factory listened about those China Bombs. They just smiled. Certainly hope they are right because the one at the show had on Chinese. It will be stated on our order because I don't want to invest another grand in tires that should have been installed in the first place.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Our new 3450TS Big Country came with Goodyear 614's! Awesome!

ChopperBill

Thats great! You shouldn't have to buy two sets of tires for one trailer before you pull it off the lot. Wont even hook it up to the truck if it has China tires!

Pizzaguy

I wish my 2011 BH would have came with Goodyears! It came with Sailuns made in China. Going to a show this weekend and will see what they have on them.

caissiel

I have Freestar regroovable G rated tires. Love the Idea of extra rubber thickness on the treads. So far so good with 6K on them.

The Sailun's are Big Rig truck trailer tires also.

rvn4fun

Our 2011 had Sailun on it. Will take them off as soon as possible. Will install Michellin ribs on, even though they are not G rated as I am not a Goodyear man. Had 38 years of experience with them at my old job.

Wharton

On our 2011 BH Goodyear tires were an option. When we went to order the dealer showed us a secondary "option" list that he had. I wish I had gotten a copy of it but Goodyears tires were on it, 3.75" brakes, Fantastic Fan for the bath, Never Lube Axels(I think they came automatically with the brakes), booth dinette. There were several other things on the list. The only other one I remember is(we didn't order) diamond plate rock guard for the front or the trailer.. I would think when you ordered your dealer should have given you this list..............................

ihsolutions

I have to admit I was a little peeved that this "hidden option" list is hidden in the first place. Either something is an option, or it's not, right?

I ended up ordering the 8000lbs axles, 3.75 brakes, Michelin tires, and Never lub hubs from the list you mention. If there are others, I am not aware of them, because I never saw a list.

The only reason I discovered any of this was due to the help of a couple forum members who responded to my questions about disc brake and drum upgrades. My dealer never offered this info till I called him on it.

I'm sitting here trying to think of a good reason Heartland wouldn't make this info more readily available?

ChopperBill

Just found out the "hidden option" Goodyears are about an extra $450. Well worth it but I just as soon raise the price and quit putting on the Chinese junk. Another "hidden option" is heated holding tanks.

Wharton

When we showed up at out dealer the additional option list was immediately presented to us. I remember the heated tanks now that you mentioned it but we decided not to go with them, the only tank that concerned us was the fresh water tank, all the others we could dump some RV antifreeze into for protection.

We have camped every winter for the last 9 years in freezing temps for various periods of time, the only time we run our furnace is when we wake up or come back to the RV for the day(keep it set on 60 when gone), rest of the time we use an electric heater or a catalytic heater, have the furnace turned off over night. Never had any tank freeze up(we have never used the antifreeze solution either).

Clymer

Just found out the "hidden option" Goodyears are about an extra $450. Well worth it but I just as soon raise the price and quit putting on the Chinese junk. Another "hidden option" is heated holding tanks.

We were told at the Hershey RV show last fall that the Goodyear G tires were standard on the units that required the 8,000 axles...since we were ordering a new 2011 Big Country 3500 we felt safe it would come with the Goodyear G's......but to be sure we had the dealer write it on the order slip...to include Goodyear G rate tires....well it came through with China tires................Heartland shipped the Goodyear tires to our local dealer who swapped them out without a hassle at all.

tcbrady

ihsolutions,
Every day we get requests from retail customers who would like to make small modifications to their units. Heartland does our best to accommodate these requests when it is possible. If we posted every deviation from standard on a price sheet it would make for a very confusion process from the retail side. Sorry we can't give you a better answer here but from our standpoint it doesn't make sense to have huge amounts of options which would slow production and possibly hurt quality.
thanks, Coley

Delaine and Lindy

In 2006 we had a 5th wheel that came with Goodyear G-614's and have had G-614's on two other 5th wheels. I think any 5th wheel over 34' should have the G-614's, never had a issue with G-614's. We all know the horror stories about the China bombs. Our 5th wheel now is very heavy and it came with Goodyear G-114's on 17.5" wheel. There is no reason that the G-614's can't come as standard equipment. I have many friends who have replaced their tires with G-614's. There is no doubt in my mind that the manufactors don't know about the problem with the China made tires. To the manufactors credit some are going to the G-614's.

As for Mission tires I have them on a inclosed 32' Car hauler and if they have problems they will be replaced with GoodYears, but my Car hauler very seldom ever moves its use only for storage when we travel. I also have a Gooseneck equipment trailer which has G rated Freestars however its very heavy and the under carriage is mostly steel and again its never pulled more that 20 miles or so. I really believe that the Freestars are renamed Missions, can't prove it just my opinion. I highly recomend you get the Goodyear G-614's not only will you get a dependable tire but you will get heavier axles. GBY

wazz_zup

I've been running the same set of China-bombs" since Nov 07. Got about 7-8K miles on 'em. Sure I don't like 'em but with a TPMS and a watchful eye, I think I'm gonna get my full useful life out of them. BTW they are Unicon Express. (I know, more junk). I just can't spend the $800 to $1000 right now on a set of G614's like I want to.