Water pressure maximum in Bighorn

patrick1945

We are experiencing low water pressure at our site for the winter. We are using a nonadjustable water pressure regulator.

What is the maximum pressure that my 3055 can handle safely?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Patrick, most of the WATTS regulators are set at 55#...others can be adjusted. I don't think you should use much more pressure than that. I did once and only once and had a lot of things leaking. Not blow up, just leak. The pex lines will hold that much pressure but some check valves and fausets wont. Most homes only have 45# pressure. Your call but stay at 55# or a little lower. Bob

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know what pressure your rig can handle, but I keep my regulator set at 55 PSI. The non adjustable ones are not known for their pin point accuracy, especially the plastic ones.

Peace
Dave

RoadJunkie

patrick1945, I wonder if I might add to your question by suggesting another approach to this question: That is, what is Heartland's recommended operating water pressure for your 3055 ( or other Heartland rvs, in general). I've heard a lot of discussion about where pressure regulator's should be preset, but I have not seen an "official" recommendation from Heartland.

patrick1945

patrick1945, I wonder if I might add to your question by suggesting another approach to this question: That is, what is Heartland's recommended operating water pressure for your 3055 ( or other Heartland rvs, in general). I've heard a lot of discussion about where pressure regulator's should be preset, but I have not seen an "official" recommendation from Heartland.

Sounds good to me but I never have been successful in getting a reply from the factory here in "ASK THE FACTORY." We will see if this will be the exception!

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
This is very odd as my Heartland manual recommended not exceeding 65 PSI. Also when I called HL warranty a year ago they told me not to worry about it. So Kevin, is the manual wrong or is that just for my 3400RE?

grizzlygiant

I once thought pressure was the problem with the shower and sprayer but actully it was a problem with flow restriction by the cheap Walmart type regulators. I switched to a residential regulator (Lowes about $50) and I have no problems.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The gauge on my Watts regulator always read about 42 - 44 psi during the summer at our site. The kitchen sprayer and shower worked just fine.

jimtoo

And also,,, there maybe some trash restricting water flow in the sprayer. It happened to me,,, or my wife...but I had to fix it.... (I don't do the dishes!) :)

Jim M

ChopperBill

I always hook up one of those disposable in line water filters. It is restrictive enough that I have never worried about a regulator.

patrick1945

You know I wonder if Kevin is being disingenuous when he says 40 PSI. I have purchased 3 pressure regulators which maintain about 45 psi and none will allow the sprayer in the kitchen to operate. I have cleaned everything out multiple times and nothing changes. If 45 psi will not operate the sprayer then that means what? I also purchased a water pressure gauge....

Heartlands recommended water pressure is 40 PSI.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
What type of pressure regulators are you using that you've purchased 3 of them? Those cheap plastic in-line regulators cut down the flow to the point that you're lucky anything works. Tried one on our TT back when. Could barely flush the toilet. Other than the sprayer, how is the flow from the faucet on stream? Is there any difference between hot and cold? If it is weak, then you may have a restriction somewhere in the lines to the faucet. Does it work when you take the regulator off? Sorry, more questions than answers.

patrick1945

The flow is low and the regulators are brass. Without the regulators the psi is 60 and the sprayer works and the missus is happy. Is Kevin saying the sprayer should work at 40?