City water connection

ArkSlim

I connected the water hose to my city water connection and when I tried to unhook the hose threads turn with the connector and I can't get a grip on the hose to hold it so I can take off the hose.:confused:

tmcran

Hold the end of the water hose with some vise grips (carefully ) and turn your connector by hand.. Worked for me.

Two Hands

I had the same problem with my 2007 Big Horn 3055RL because there is so little room in the docking station. My CEO/Navigator solved the problem by having me buy a four foot hose at Camping World. I connected it to the city water inlet port and dropped the other end through the portal in the bottom of the docking station. From then on the water hose from the campground spigot was then attached to the end of the four foot hose. When we left the campground I disconnected the water hose and pulled the four foot hose back up through the portal and left it in place and still connected to the city water inlet port. That works great for me.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Boy am I going to have to get you guys trained... Ok Class here is the good stuff.... Now I use RV Water Filter Store because of the quality of the product. If you can find something better, let me know.

To prevent having to put stress on the UDC shore water connection I use a 90* brass quick disconnect:
Kwik Link Connect System - 90 degree - Attachs to your RV's water inlet for faster hook-up and a leak-free connection. New design high impact copolymer body with stainless steel male fitting, they come with a Parker female coupler, a dummy plug to protect hose end, and a dust cover.

I use a 1/2" 4ft hose to go to my water filters I got from Lowes. I use 2 of the Westinghouse water filter canisters. One for a Black Charcoal filter and then the second is a White filter for general sediment.

I then connect a 36ft 1/2" hose. These hoses are non kink and stand up to 120 PSI. Why a 36ft hose? Well it seems that some campgrounds are built with a different concern or logic, but I have found that the 36ft hose will connect to about any shore water almost any where it is located. However I do have another 15ft of the same hose just in case, but never used it yet.

Next I connect to a Watts Brass Model N55BG Adjustable Regulator, 1.5" dia-meter 0-160 gauge, 6-9 gpm

Now I use another 4ft hose to go from the regulator to the water faucet. Why?!! Well while up in Kentucky we stayed at Grandma's RV Park. To keep the water from freezing they put the faucet down about 18" in a large, about 10" PVC Conduit. I could bearly reach down and screw on the hose so I had to use 2 - 25ft hoses with the regulator in the middle. Now the 4ft hose works great everywhere.

I use quick disconnects on all of my water connections except for the shore water faucet, don't want to leave one everywhere we stay. Could get expensive and you birds would probably swipe them... LOL

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Here's a semi-permanent set up to ponder. A Watts N55G regulator followed by a 1 micron Sediment filter and then a 1 micron carbon filter. That gets connected to the bottom of the manifold in the UDC, which does not need to be disconnected from the coach fittings. If I want, I can fill the water tank from the bottom "utility" line on the manifold. The lines from the manifold are deliberately "long" to eliminate stress on the fittings. The utility line works a lot better than the shower sprayer. The tote sits under the rig and holds some spare items for the water system.

My system is a compilation of ideas found on these forums.

View attachment 7621View attachment 7620
View attachment 7619

ArkSlim

I can not get a grip on the threaded part of the hose that is screwed into the water inlet have tried with vice grips , needle nose pliars even tried to super glue the two parts of the hose together so far nothing has worked?