2010 Caravan from Ohio to Nashville---places to stop on the way

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hello everyone. Looks like we have alot of people that are coming to the Ohio rally then going to the Nashville Rally directly. Well I plan to do that to. Leaving Sunday and probably stopping in Mammoth Cave area for a night or two. Initially I plan to stay at the Jellystone Campground right off of route 65 or I may stay at the Diamond Caverns Campground. It is an RPI park for those of you that have a membership. Ten bucks a night I believe. We've stayed at both places in the past and they were pretty nice. Just south of there on the way to Nashville is the Corvette museum and the Corvette manufacturing plant. Both are really nice even if you don't own a Corvette. Then somewhere close to there is a Camping World. So that's what know so far hopefully others will chime in and add their thoughts.

Mark

loafer

Mark
Thanks for the update ,we too are leaving Sunday and plan on making stops along the way to Nashville .
We think we would like to stay down around Elizabethtown area and explore that part of Kentucky. If you have any ideas for us we would appreciate
Camp spots places to see etc:
regards Bill

ninerman

Hi,
We may head up that way after the Nashville Rally. We are coming out from Northern California and after a few days in Las Vegas will head back to Tenn. through Oklahoma. Any recommendations on places to visit, or stay would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Ernie

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hi,
We may head up that way after the Nashville Rally. We are coming out from Northern California and after a few days in Las Vegas will head back to Tenn. through Oklahoma. Any recommendations on places to visit, or stay would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Ernie

Oasis RV Park in Amarillo Tx off of I40 exit 60 (I think). The park is all concrete and offers a discount to 5ers. Here is a link http://www.myrvoasis.com/

OhioJay

Just into Kentucky from Ohio is the Jim Beam factory. They offer tours. Cincinatti has Kings Island, or you could take in a Reds game. There is also a giant indoor aquarium that is supposed to be pretty cool. Skyline chili dogs!!!!!!! There is a Bass Pro Shop in Cinci, too.

jbeletti

Ah Skyline. Gotta love those chili dogs! We started buying Skyine chili in cans at Meijer. Pretty good - though I've now tired of it :)

Have fun at the OH rally on the way to the Nashville rally - fun-fun!

Jim