Looking for good dealer to purchase a Big Country in Texas

gratton

I took delivery of a 3450TS on 3/22 from ExplorerUSA Dallas location. Was very pleased with deal I was able to work out. Saw them at a RV show and had a discussion with salesman who was trying to get me to buy at the so called show price. Had all kinds of reasons as to why the price was so good at the show. Explained to him that if they wanted to move a unit bad enough I could get that price after the show. As it turns out I went to the dealership well after the show and received price better than show price that was way below MSRP. Have taken it out on a couple of shakedown trips and have only found a few minor issues that they were very good at resolving.

LFD2037

The latest drama: I had been talking w/this salesman & he told me to send him the best quote that I have gotten & he will match it if it was apples to apples. So I sent him a quote from another dealer, like he told me to, as he responded with:

Casey, Congrats,on your purchase! I hope they do a proper prep on it? God knows you don"t want a lp leak! Any way Ron Hoover, is not in rv"s to loose money, and my comision on $0 is$O .Well thanks for giveing us a shot ,Enjoy the ride! Paul PS. Casey ,you get what you pay for!

I can only assume he thought I had just bought from the other dealer? I told the guy he needed to relax. Jees!

rvn4fun

We bought from Explore rv in Boerne Texas, had very good luck, had 2 waranty things that were handled the same day. Found the best rv salesman ever, ask for Waldo. We would travel back 1200 miles to buy from them again.

LFD2037

We bought from Explore rv in Boerne Texas, had very good luck, had 2 waranty things that were handled the same day. Found the best rv salesman ever, ask for Waldo. We would travel back 1200 miles to buy from them again.

Did they give you the best price you found? I've been talking w/a couple different people over @ Explore. I went there & looked @ the unit I want. He told me his best price. When I got home I emailed to the same location but to a different salesman & he quoted me $5K less than what the sales manager had just quoted me. Kinda threw me off.

rvn4fun

To be honest we really didn't shop around for price. We liked the deal and just bought it. We had a trade in and they gave us a fair deal, so we traded.

mmomega

AnyTimer
ExploreUSA in Ft.Worth is where we bought ours. We got a fair trade, unit price was right where we wanted it. Our salesman seems very genuine and not shady. So far so good and a bajillion times better than our last dealer. McClain's RV.... hang me if I ever advise someone to buy from them, well the FtWorth location.
Read reviews, don't make decisions the first day, shop shop shop.... enjoy!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I've had mixed results from McClains and have delt with Ft Worth, Rockwall and Corinth. PM me if you want details.

TT

Hoehand

We had the same awful experience at Seguin have never been treated worse by any other dealers and this is our 5 th travel trailer.... Unit was not prepped,not given unit we chose,microwave,refrigerator a/c thermostat,countertop cracked,list of all things wrong at delivery were left in our packet....and none of them had been addressed.had to take and leave for a week at considerable cost to us as he is working out of it...we have sinc had to fix two things ourselves have emailed them but did not get an answer from service dept. Very bad taste in our mouth is right!