Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Looking for good dealer to purchase a Big Country in Texas

1. Print this Post   #1

Looking for good dealer to purchase a Big Country in Texas

I have spoke w/a few different dealers but not one of them do I really care for. Mismatched pricing, incorrect advertising(bait & switch), wise guys(slick talking car salesmen type), etc. I'm looking for an HONEST dealer, if there is such a thing anymore. Thanks for your input.

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Looking for good dealer to purchase a Big Country in Texas

Hi LFD2037,

Your asking for the impossible. All salesmen are out to make a sale. I have had a very good relationship with ExploreUSA. They have 7 or 8 dealeships here in Texas. I have been very happy with my dealer in Seguin, TX. The guys that own ExploreUSA are very good at monitoring the sales locations, sales men and women and their service department. I do think they are the most honest dealer I have ever been in contact with, and I have been around awhile. Give this guy a call at ExploreUSA. I think he will make you happy.

Jim M
    Jim and Bette
    04 GMC CC Dually D/A, MaxBrake, Riderights
    09 Bighorn 3670RL #9E011439
    Disc Brakes
    HOC #1003
    Heartland Owners Club Information

3. Print this Post   #3

ExploreUSA in Sequin. I bought my Cyclone there and they were very good.
    2009 3210
    2005 Dodge 2500
    1999 FLHR
    2001 FLSTS-wife's
    Xena the Rottie

4. Print this Post   #4

Thank you for your advice jimtoo. Now I'm gonna rant! Asking for the impossible? Really? Also, it's funny you mention them because they are the biggest one out there I've dealt w/showing me '11 via email, stating they are '10 & quoting a '10 discounted price only to find out they "accidentally put alot on their website w/the wrong year" & accidently stated that they were '10, not '11, & even when questioned a 2nd time about the year/color of the unit stated the same thing until you get there. "oh no, none of the silver ones are '11. We must have the wrong ones advertised as '10 & we gave you the wrong price. Thanks for bringing it to our attention(AGAIN). But yet they STILL have '11 advertised as '10 w/a lower price until you get there. Isn't this bait & switch? Isn't this illegal? Here's on that's still advertised as a '10. http://exploreusa.com/inventory_detail.php?id=3378 Any other dealers out there that are willing to do the "impossible" honest sale?

5. Print this Post   #5

Just got a quote via email from another dealership. Not 1 single price on their "MSRP" price sheet matches the MSRP price sheet on here. Every one of their prices are higher. HUH?

6. Print this Post   #6

You cant tell much about a dealership until you make a few trips through their service department. Most salesman are vultures. But, will have to say that the guys at Windish RV in Longmont, CO are pretty good guys to deal with. It really helps if you are an experienced RV owner and know your product.

7. Print this Post   #7

Watch out for Explorer USA. I tired to deal with them before getting my RV. Quoted a great price on line. However, called to nail down the price and man did things qo south.

. Price was more than $ 3000.00 over on-line info. I had ask for a turn key cash price that included all taxes and etc. I never heard more crap in my life. Bought from a local dealer for much reduced price off MSRP. Have had very good dealer service. Big Country Frankiln RV-- Abilene,TX.---Not sure if time of year means anything but got mine last February when things were very slow.

TC and KC
    2009 Sundance 2998RB
    2007 Chevy Classic CC 4x4 2500 HD Dmax

8. Print this Post   #8

We've purchased two 5th wheels from Pharr RV in Lubbock TX....each time we have dealt with Curtis Hudson. They have always treated me fairly and from my experience have a very good service department.
    2010 Big Country 3250TS

Sold - 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 4 X 4 - Custom Hauler Bed

2006 Freightliner M2 Sport Chassis
    CAT C9, Allison 6 Speed & Air All the way
    SE Custom bed - Trailer Saver TSLB 32K Hitch

Randy & Mary +
    2 Beagles that LOVE to Camp

9. Print this Post   #9

I too purchased from ExploreUSA in Seguin and my experience was a mixed bag. I was initially very impressed with the staff and their customer service attitude but by the time we finished the sale there were some disappointments and serious concerns about their integrity. After the sale I had some minor service issues taken care of at another dealership (out of state) and received fantastic service. However, they said they had great difficulty dealing with the Seguin staff regarding my unit. Of course the Seguin staff denied all the allegations but I also had problems myself with followup issues with the Seguin staff and came to the conclusion it was the Seguin staff causing the problem. Overall I'm satisfied with my purchase from them but there is still a bad taste in my mouth.

Here is my opinion after all is said and done. It doesn't really matter which dealership you deal with as long as you do your homework and absolutely know what you're doing. Never take the dealer's word for anything. Research prices across the Internet. Check specifications with other sources. Spend lots of time reviewing your intended unit on this forum and ask lots of questions. Go to Heartland's main website (www.heartlandrvs.com) and find every piece of information you can on the unit you're interested in. Call Heartland and ask their service department questions. When you finally do negotiate with your chosen dealer you will be in a position of strength and you will feel more in control. They will be less likely to take advantage of you.

When you walk through the unit at the time of delivery make certain you examine every inch of the unit for visual damage and proper function and document all issues on the paperwork. Take photos of any damage. Turn on/off everything and make sure every switch/light/appliance/tap, etc. (inside and out) works correctly. If not, write it on the paperwork and get a written agreement that the dealer will be responsible for it.

If you find the most honest, trustworthy dealer in the country things can still go wrong and mistakes can happen. Bottom line... don't "trust" the dealer for anything. Protect yourself and you will be much happier in the end.

By the way, Heartland was my choice above every other manufacturer on the market. I did my research.

Good luck in your search and eventual negotiations!

10. Print this Post   #10

Thanks for the info. This will be my 3rd RV. I am a research maniac so I @ least have that on my side. When I start asking "informed consumer" questions is when things get weird. They either completely ignore me from then on out or tell me "good luck finding a unit. Thanks for your time". It seems they only want to deal w/people that have no clue of what is truely going on. I'm gonna check w/some of the dealers ya'll have mentioned on here. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast