How repair a torn loading ramp door on a toy hauler

buztan99

I have a 2009 Razor 3612. On the way home from a race, something in the garage created a tear on the inside of the loading ramp / door. Now that it's torn, I can see that the materials consist of the outer sheet metal material, then a styrofoam material, followed by plywood, the a sandpaper (non slip) looking material that covers the entire ramp/door.

I'd like to know what you would do to repair the tear. I thought of filling the entire area with epoxy, then finding a similar sandpaper (non slip) material to lay over the repaired area.

An enhanced solution woud be greatly appreciated. If not, give me an idea of where and what to buy to replace the factory sandpaper / non slip material.

Thanks.

Jellystone

If your local dealer doesn't have a cost effective solution, your epoxy fix should work (a little bondo holds everything together). As far as the rough ramp surface-#1. Buy an adhesive non-skid sheet and cut it to fit with a pair of scissors. Check at NAPA,Home Depot,Lowes,etc. or #2. After filling in hole with epoxy and letting it dry-get some marine/industrial paint and mix in some non-skid(ie. walnut bits,broken pecan shell,etc) and paint the mixture on & let it dry. Good luck with the repair.

djkelsoe

I had the same thing happen to me and I filled the hole with epoxy and let it dry then painted it with a can of bedliner spray paint. It does not match but looks good enough until I can think of something better or redo the entire ramp door.