Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: suspension upgrade

1. Print this Post   #1

suspension upgrade

Has anyone had the center point or the morryde IS or any other one suspension installed and how do u like it? Thanks

2. Print this Post   #2
    Heartland: Director of Owners Interests jbeletti's Avatar

Re: suspension upgrade

Check with TerryH and Larryheadhunter on this forum.

Jim

3. Print this Post   #3

We had MorRyde IS, no lube hubs and disc brakes installed one year ago in Elkhart, IN. We feel it is one of the best investments we could have made for peace of mind. After sitting on the side of the interstate in Oklahoma two years ago in our former BH 3400RL with broken springs, we decided we would definitely upgrade our new LM Augusta with independent suspension. My husband believes the RV tracks better and is easier to maneuver. No more clanking noises when backing the RV! The disc brakes mean we can actually stop the RV now and don't worry when we are traveling the various elevations and highway grades. The techs at MorRyde are THE BEST. C.J.
    C. J. Bearden

4. Print this Post   #4

We had the Morryde IS suspension on our previous trailer and loved it. We should be getting our BH next week and in the fall we will be in Elkhart having Morryde put in the IS suspension. The trailer rides so much better with that suspension on. We had Heartland install never lube axles and 3.75" brakes so we should be fine.

5. Print this Post   #5
    X-Rookies Still Luving it

Quote Originally Posted by jbeletti View Post
    Check with TerryH and Larryheadhunter on this forum.

Jim
    Hi Tankie, let me confess upfront I am not a techie, so take all my comments with a grain of salt.
    Searching for a softer, less bouncy ride combined with 6K axles with 3 leaf springs that broke last summer, I made several suspension improvements including being upgraded to the 7K axles that included new brakes and 6 spring leaf set. This upgrade causes a rougher ride on the truck and inside the rig, as its a stiffer suspension, as many owners can attest. The Lippert West Coast technician replaced the axles and installed the Centerpoint Suspension, which replaces the equaflex, and adds two horizontal air bags, one on each side between the axles, with airbag gauge recommended to be set at 70 lbs. PSI. This also removes and replaces the useless semi-horizontal factory shocks that everyone complains about on this forum. My suggestion would be to read the available Centerpoint Manual at www.trailair.com, which would truly explain the purpose of this semi-air suspension and its benefits. FYI, Trail Air is now owned by Lippert. I can only tell you, since we made several other improvements to the suspension, my DW and I both noticed reduced bounciness, better control and side to side smoothness in ride and in turns due to the Centerpoint. When finished driving for the day, we noticed the inside of the rig looked exactly like it did when we had 6K axles, with nothing major out of place, including zero open cabinets and no dishes on the floor. All in all I would recommend Centerpoint Suspension for those who cannot afford the IS and disc brakes etc. expensive upgrade. You could call this the poor man suspension improvements. We made a few very choice other improvements including adding an air bag hitch, that I would have to say has heavily contributed to the smoother ride. Let me state clearly, the Centerpoint Suspension is just one step in softening your ride, but for the price Lippert is charging I think it was worth it. Don't forget you are driving a bucking truck, and a heavy rig, so a pothole or a poorly paved street will still shock you and roll your eyes a little, but at least it's not like demolition derby time any more.
    Larry and Debbi Kuhn
    2 kids 30, 22; 2 beagles Lucy and Stella
    X-Rookies from San Clemente, CA

2008 F-250 Ford Crew Cab 4x2 Diesel Shortbed
    totaled 2009 Big Horn 3400RE
    20K Trailer Saver TS3 Air Bag Hitch
    Garmin 750 GPS

6. Print this Post   #6
    Original Owners Club Member jmgratz's Avatar

We love our Mor-Ryde IS, never lube and disc brakes. A great investment.
    Jim & Sheila Gratz - owners club #1018 Workamping as Sales Associate with SE Publications Certified RV Walk-through Technician [/I] 2013 Landmark San Antonio - full body paint - Fulltimer pkg, Yetti pkg etc., Mor-Ryde IS with never lube bearings and disc brakes. --previous 5er - 2007 "Classic" Landmark "Golden Gate" Replaced 9/20/13 2012 Ford F350 King Ranch Crew Cab fx4 dually, 6.7 L Husky Trailer Saver TS2 hitch "visit TEXAS - it's like a whole 'nuther country" Rally Site 414

7. Print this Post   #7

Larry, how often go u have to add air to the center point? Is the air pressure sensitive to air temp. changes? Thanks Lonnie

8. Print this Post   #8
    Senior Member - Past Moderator Ray LeTourneau's Avatar

We also have the Morryde IS on our Bighorn. We did not opt for the brakes. So far we are extremely happy with the improvement and the peace of mind.
    Ray & Lin
    R.I.P. Suzi
    R.I.P Bart

9. Print this Post   #9

Quote Originally Posted by Tankie View Post
    Larry, how often go u have to add air to the center point? Is the air pressure sensitive to air temp. changes? Thanks Lonnie

Apparently we have a good tight system The air pressure has remained exactly the same for 6 months. We run a bit more on the heavy side of the coach to make it run perfectly level.

10. Print this Post   #10

Quote Originally Posted by Larryheadhunter View Post
    Hi Tankie, let me confess upfront I am not a techie, so take all my comments with a grain of salt.
    Searching for a softer, less bouncy ride combined with 6K axles with 3 leaf springs that broke last summer, I made several suspension improvements including being upgraded to the 7K axles that included new brakes and 6 spring leaf set. This upgrade causes a rougher ride on the truck and inside the rig, as its a stiffer suspension, as many owners can attest. The Lippert West Coast technician replaced the axles and installed the Centerpoint Suspension, which replaces the equaflex, and adds two horizontal air bags, one on each side between the axles, with airbag gauge recommended to be set at 70 lbs. PSI. This also removes and replaces the useless semi-horizontal factory shocks that everyone complains about on this forum. My suggestion would be to read the available Centerpoint Manual at www.trailair.com, which would truly explain the purpose of this semi-air suspension and its benefits. FYI, Trail Air is now owned by Lippert. I can only tell you, since we made several other improvements to the suspension, my DW and I both noticed reduced bounciness, better control and side to side smoothness in ride and in turns due to the Centerpoint. When finished driving for the day, we noticed the inside of the rig looked exactly like it did when we had 6K axles, with nothing major out of place, including zero open cabinets and no dishes on the floor. All in all I would recommend Centerpoint Suspension for those who cannot afford the IS and disc brakes etc. expensive upgrade. You could call this the poor man suspension improvements. We made a few very choice other improvements including adding an air bag hitch, that I would have to say has heavily contributed to the smoother ride. Let me state clearly, the Centerpoint Suspension is just one step in softening your ride, but for the price Lippert is charging I think it was worth it. Don't forget you are driving a bucking truck, and a heavy rig, so a pothole or a poorly paved street will still shock you and roll your eyes a little, but at least it's not like demolition derby time any more.

We have found the exact same results. We have Air on the truck and pin as well. The combination gives us the best ride we have ever had pulling all of our previous campers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast