EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IL, Chatham - 9/17/2010 to 9/19/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
It's doing okay the doctor does not want me walking on it only when I have to and using a walker for the next 4 wks so maybe by rally time it will be better if not I will have to have a parcel knee replacement so only time will tell. I am going bug nuts just sitting here and now I know why folks watch soaps cause everything els is reruns. I haven't started watching them yet. See you all soon Kathy

kkamshop

Just do what the doc says, I'm watching the Colts first preseason game. They are doing pretty good right now, but the first string guys are already on the bench.

Score is 10-7 Colts early in the 2nd qtr.

jbeletti

Hey IL rally gang,

I just watched the Springfield, IL episode of Man vs. Food. Adam went to Cozy Dog for the original corn dogs and to Firebrand Chili where he did a food challenge. I LOVE, LOVE corn dogs. Someone needs to sample the Cozy Dogs! Looks like I might be able to drop by there next time through Springfield if I call ahead, drop Nancy as I roll by slowly, then park 2 blocks north in a shopping plaza lot :)

katkens

I would like to get some ideas for meat for our potluck. The Heartland Club will be providing the meat and members the side dishes and desserts. I was thinking of BBQ pulled pork and brisket from Hickory River BBQ or ideas from rally attendees. I have never ate there so if anyone has let me know , good or bad. If you have other place suggestions or not interested in BBQ let me know and we can go from there......Kenny

http://www.hickoryriver.com/index.html

katkens

Ok! It looks like BBQ , so now we can start a list for side dishes for potluck. If you will post what you plan to bring or PM me I will list it on the first page of post by your name. It will be helpful so we don't have to many of the same dish.......Kenny

P.S.....If anyone else is interested in joining us , please let me know sites will be turned back to CG very shortly or time for me to see about adding a few extra sites.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Kenny, cole slaw goes good with BBQ. So that's what Mary is making for the pot luck.

Peace
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.