Dirty window screens, how do you remove them?

Hello!
Our window screens need cleaning and the only possible way to do it is to remove the screens.
What is the magic trick to get them out. I just don't want to tug too hard and tweek the frame.

Does anyone have a "special" way of popping the screens out for cleaning?

Thanks in advance.

Nicki

RoadJunkie

I find it more difficult than described. They are spring loaded, but the corners give me the most problem.

Ok, I did see they had some movement. BUT just didn't want to pull too hard and have to replace them. I will give it another look and another try.
Thanks!

Bobby A

If the screens arn't to bad, in the past I have used a vacuum with a brush attachment, that works pretty good, I have also just used a good scrub brush and then the vacuum. You might try it and save yourself some time and grief getting the screens out. Just my 2 cents worth.

SueJean

I like to use a large paintbrush with the softened ends to loosen the dust/dirt and then vacuum it away. It helps me to avoid breaking stuff.

Well................:eek:.............I guess I should say it reduces the number of things that get broken.

Anyway, I find that Dollar Tree paintbrushes are an invaluable part of my housecleaning kit. Perfect for cleaning lots of things that like to collect dust such as the fancy wood trim/molding, corners, hard to reach areas at the back of drawers/cabinets and even window screens.

Wharton

OK. I just took a quick look. The screen by the table has a white pull tab on the lower right, this one was demoed(sp?) to us. I looked around the rest of the room and that is the only one with a pull tab. I then went to the one by the sofa and was able to remove the screen easily by lifting it from the bottom. I would guess all of them would work this way. If you get them out I would see about screwing on some nylon strapping to create your own pull tab.