Toured Factory and Ordered Bighorn

SmokeyBare

We are here in Northern Indiana and have recently have taken a Factory tour. When I called Heartland to learn about the Factory tours... I was ask to visit the Heartland Outlet on Route 19 and they would be pleased to schedule this tour. We were lucky to have Ron Dickeson to excort us around the Plant. Ron was a Fantastic host. We had several questions and he answered each one with ease as we continued the tour. Near the end of the tour we were allowed to view the several RV's some were getting the final touches... others were completeled.

We came prepared as I have spent time in this Forum learning all I could before we arrived. Thanks for all the Posts everyone! It was a good start to the many questions I had. We also brought along a tape measure and a Pad of paper. Notes to ponder over after the tour.

We were really thinking we would be placing an order for a 3055RL BigHorn. Little did we know.. we really wanted and needed a 3400RL. It was the larger living room.... the desk area and the over all beauty of the BigHorn that brought us to the decision to place an order for the 3400RL.

Once again I learned from this Forum of those dealers who would be good choices to contact for a quote for the BigHorn. The dealers we selected to email were in two places. I did stop along the drive to northern Indiana for a visit to a dealer in Muskegon Michigan. I do believe it was a bad day... perhaps for our selves.... perhaps for the dealer. We left with a quote.... but it was one dealer I would not be contacting again.

Alas ! Not to worry as we are full timers and have lots of places to purchase our RV from !!

The two we emailed back and forth for quotes were fantastic. Both treated us very good. I could easily suggest both for those who are interested.

But it finally came down to deciding.... and hands down there was no problem doing this. We have today ordered our new RV from Butch and Karen Burson in Knoxville Tenn. Their dealership is called "RV for Less". Of course many of you already know this dealership... I have read many positive comments about other owners buying experince with Butch and Karen. I couldn't have ask for better advice... Butch is dedicated to serving his customers.... Both are dedicated to being the very best they can to each and everyone's lives they touch.

Our Count down will soon start.... once the Factory schedules the build of our Big Beautiful BigHorn Fifthwheel !!! Oh wait.... we'll have to come up with a name for her.... hmmmm

GaryB

Congrats!

SmokeyBare

Congrats on your order! You gave me good advice, perhaps without even knowing! I too was focused on the 3055, but maybe I need to branch out and consider the 3400, etc. I've never seen either yet one in person, just floorplans on the web.

I also had a long conversation with Butch from RVs4Less. I was impressed with the amount of time and advice he gave me. Seems like he's very helpful and thorough. I probably will buy from him. When I do, I plan to camp in the area for 3-5 days after taking delivery so I can try everything out. Then I'll return for a (pre-scheduled) visit at the end of my camping trip to fix any problems I find. But Butch sounds like he'll give a pretty thorough PDI (both before you arrive, and during), so hopefully any later problems will be few and minor.

Good luck! Please let us know how you like the Bighorn and RVs4Less after you try them both out!
Gary Black

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
Smokeybare, Congrats to a great choce. We have a 3400RL for about 17 months now and we are as excited as you are waiting for your coach to be made. It is like living in a small home with out standing on top of each other. You truely have your own space in this coach. Pride is the name of the game, so show it off When you get your coach. Happy Camping! Evans & Lana