Back in Northern Ca.

azbound

We departed Gold Canyon, Az. 3 days ago and arrived here in Redding yesterday. It was around 72 degrees when we arrived with a forecast of 74 today. Life is wonderfull.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Re: Back in Norhtern Ca.

Glad you guys are back safely! I'm envious of your winters down south. Hope you had a great time!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC

So, are you up to a little more traveling? If you can stand being on the OR coast, the OR rally is June 11-13. I know some people aren't coast people, but you might like it...
Kristy

azbound

SLMAYOR, Thanks it nice to be home. ZIGGY, As for the coast we really aren't coast people, we prefer a warmer camp sight. Thanks for then offer.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC

I understand that the coast isn't for everyone as there is always a risk of cooler and/or damp weather, but we will try to stay warm and dry. Maybe you can make an OR rally some other year.
Kristy

azbound

We seem to have poor luck when it comes to the Rallies. It seems they always take place when we are gone. We would really like to join our fellow Heartland owners one of these day's. We have sold our home here in Redding, it was more than we wanted to take care of and we are now gone so much of the year. We had 5 acres with at least 1/2 an acres of lawn. We are now preparing to search for a new summer location/home. Our short list today includes SW Oregon and Redding. As we don't plan on spending our winters there, the summer weather is very important. However we don't want a place where we have a lot of winterizing to mess with. Did I mention while in Az. this winter we bought a small place in a Resort.

Any way open to suggestions.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC

We live in Klamath Falls which has pretty good summer weather, but we plan to leave in the winter when we retire to avoid the snow and cold. I grew up around Medford. Still need to winterize even there, but the summer weather is very warm, too warm for me. We are considering wintering in Redding right after retirement so we aren't too far from my parents. Not too cold, but sorta wet.... way too hot in the summer for us while KF is just about right in the 80's and 90's.

If you want to come up for a visit, we would be happy to show you around our area.

Kristy

azbound

We live in Klamath Falls which has pretty good summer weather, but we plan to leave in the winter when we retire to avoid the snow and cold. I grew up around Medford. Still need to winterize even there, but the summer weather is very warm, too warm for me. We are considering wintering in Redding right after retirement so we aren't too far from my parents. Not too cold, but sorta wet.... way too hot in the summer for us while KF is just about right in the 80's and 90's.

If you want to come up for a visit, we would be happy to show you around our area.

Kristy

DW grew up in Alturas and she has family in Kfalls. The winters are a little too much for us, thanks for the offer. As for wintering in Redding, until last fall that was a new concept to me. Having lived here for the better part of 40 years I had never given a thought to someone using Redding as a winter destination. After we sold our home in Sept. we stayed in a small but very nice park here in Redding prior to headind south for the winter. When talking to the owners thet mentioned that they had a lot of winter guest that spent the entire winter here. Most of them come from much colder climates up north. Some from as far as Canada. I guess my point is hot and cold are relative to where you come from.

Enjoy the road,

azbound

Well we did it made an offer that was accepted on a small place in Rogue River, Or. scheduled to close escrow on June 18 and after some remodeling we hope to move in around August 1st. Sometime around mid June we will relocate with our BH to a park in the area while the work is being done. DW has already started the process of registering her car in Oregon.