What's your favorite carry weapon?

buckeyebob

any pros or cons on a ruger lcp in 380 cal.?i was at cabelas in michigan and they cant sell handguns to ohioans ,this i found out after deciding on this gun!!i could buy any long gun but no handgun.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
any pros or cons on a ruger lcp in 380 cal.?i was at cabelas in michigan and they cant sell handguns to ohioans ,this i found out after deciding on this gun!!i could buy any long gun but no handgun.

We bought this one for my DW and WE love it. It is an excellently made handgun with perfect size for her and to conceal. (She had to have the HOT PINK one!!!!) The DW could not operate my Kahr P9 effectively so we went shopping. After a long day we found this weapon and it worked perfectly for her. We have shot it quite a bit in the last two months and SHE LOVES IT! (Of course when she heard it came in HOT PINK" SHE HAD TO HAVE THAT ONE!)

It is a very easy to conceal weapon for purse, belt-pack or even as the Police ladies would use as a "Bra-gun!"

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Remington Assault Shotgun backed up by the new Tarus Judge (in a leg holster) and

TWO Pitbulls at each wheel of my chair.

I now sleep anywhere I want in complete comfort and safety

OhioJay

Shriver, that's funny!!! LMFAO!!!!! What sort of holsters are available for bull terriors? LOL I would hate to see what happens when you try to clean and oil that thing!

DW_Gray

Remington Assault Shotgun backed up by the new Tarus Judge (in a leg holster) and

TWO Pitbulls at each wheel of my chair.

I now sleep anywhere I want in complete comfort and safety

Gee, what do you need the Shotgun or the Judge for?

I saw a show recently and it proved that from 12 yards, trained dogs can reach an assailant before a person can draw and fire his or her weapon.

shriver63

I saw a show recently and it proved that from 12 yards, trained dogs can reach an assailant before a person can draw and fire his or her weapon.

What if the intruder saw the dog first at say 13 yards then? Click, boom and you and your beloved friend are screwed.

Delaine and Lindy

Tarus "Judge" and Tarus 9 mm 15 shot, back ups Henry Long rifle 45 cal. and 30/30 Winchester both lever action. Delaine has a hamerless Lady Smith. Very light and fits inside the Cowgirl boots and Cowboy boots. Control of had guns will be by tax on Ammo. By now for later. GBY....

hart1369

as i said earlier my edc is a s&w cs45 but im looking for ideas for a bug preferablly a revolver is there any help out there

buckeyebob

ruger lcp in 380.7.5 ounces empty!!6 shot semi auto,ya just cant hide those bulky cylinders on a wheel gun.long trigger pul,double action,but how many times are ya gonna use it.

hart1369

ruger lcp in 380.7.5 ounces empty!!6 shot semi auto,ya just cant hide those bulky cylinders on a wheel gun.long trigger pul,double action,but how many times are ya gonna use it.
hopefully not once but with edc an auto i think a wheel gun for a bug would be the thing to do

RollingHome

hart, check out the model 60 S&W. 38cal, snub SS I shoot mine short, less then 25 yards... but it's a real quality side arm and extremely reliable . Tom

//heartlandowners.org/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by DW_Gray //heartlandowners.org/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png

If my two German Shepherds had opposable thumba they would each have a Taurus Judge just like their dad. Then I could carry my Redhawk .44 magnum and wear dark glasses just like dirty Harry. :cool:

PUG

Pug
Barretta 32 in pocket when warm outside and a Taurus pt40 in a cloth Kangaroo undershirt holster.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I was reading an advertisement in my latest issue of Field and Stream from Winchester and their .410 shot shell designed for the Taurus Judge. It has 3 larger discs for penatration and 12 BB shot shell for dispersment. Anyone use this ammo? Any thoughts? I think I might look into a Judge for the Heartland.

Thanks
Jamie

RollingHome

Jamie, I don't know about the Taurus Judge... I admit it looks and sounds like a powerful home defense type weapon but it just doesn't prove to be accurate on the range. It basically is a hand held 410 shot gun with a 2 to 4 inch barrel. It appears to be a good car gun (under 7 feet) but does not perform well at 7 yards (21 feet). When one looks at the load, 410 close range you say Wow ! But on the range it is not too good and does not present itself well. The most popular round is a Winchester 410 with 3 - 9mm balls. At 7 yards only 2 of the balls hit the silhouette target... that's pretty bad ! Our 5ers are longer then the accuracy range of the Taurus Judge ! If someone breaks in and has a single shot rim fire, he could be the victor... In the end, I think getting one projectile in the kill zone would be much more effective and without all the noise and smoke... JMO