What's your favorite carry weapon?

Essy

Depending on how I'm dressed and where I'm going my EDC will be either a Sig P229 or Sig P938 both in 9mm. Carried in a N82 IWB holster!

Fox

Several weekends back I had some out of town visitors who wanted to go shooting. His misses loved my misses Shield - and really hated his Sig P250, DAO.
Now he's in the market for a christmas gift (Shield).

Shhhh, it's a secret.

Attachments

• 20170831_114858.jpg
    20170831_114858.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 62

Fox

Chuck, I notice this is your very first post (I may have done the same thing a few months back). Regardless, welcome to the Heartland site.

Do try other koolaids, tis my opinion there are better flavors.

travlingman

Several weekends back I had some out of town visitors who wanted to go shooting. His misses loved my misses Shield - and really hated his Sig P250, DAO.
Now he's in the market for a christmas gift (Shield).

Shhhh, it's a secret.

I see you have a Performance Center model. I have been looking at one in 45 caliper. Does the porting give you any issues? Flash, eyes, etc?

Fox

I see you have a Performance Center model. I have been looking at one in 45 caliper. Does the porting give you any issues? Flash, eyes, etc?

This Shield has never been fired at night - where the issue may be problematic, however in indoor use I do believe there may be a bit more flash to it; but the important thing (for me) was the finer trigger and high vis. sight provided on the Perf. models.

Initially I also provided her with a Walther PPS and my G43 carry (this all pre-dates the Sig P365). The Shield was easily my brides choice - and now my buddies brides choice. And honestly, if I didn't already have so much in my G43 ($800) I'd probably trade it for another Shield; and that's after shooting my son in laws (fine) Sig P365.

MY personal bias is the Shield is too small/ way too light for the .45 caliber. YMMV.

Last edited:

gslabbert5119

Beretta PX4

What? NO verifying pics?

Beretta PX4

What? NO verifying pics?

So you want pics ...

Here you go ...

Upgraded sights to Trijicon 3 Dot Green Front & Rear Night Sight Set

Added a grip thickener, (Don't know the brand offhand, but it has made a big difference for my accuracy)

Attachments

• IMG_2101.JPG
    IMG_2101.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2102.JPG
    IMG_2102.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2103.JPG
    IMG_2103.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 59

Fox

Here is my newest toy: a CZ P-09 (with nite sites).
While I'm not planning on carrying it - she is considered a duty gun.

Straight from the store to the range - 150 rounds of HP ammo - with no problems; now that she's been cleaned/ lubed she'll receive another couple of hundred rounds before being trusted for nighttime service.

Attachments

• 20190107_095838.jpg
    20190107_095838.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 20190107_095739.jpg
    20190107_095739.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

avvidclif

Depends on anticipated threat level. 45, 9mm, 380.

Last picture is for Defcon 1

Attachments

• REZV9174 (Medium).jpeg
    REZV9174 (Medium).jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 9056470_01_smith_wesson_629_preformance_c_640.jpg
    9056470_01_smith_wesson_629_preformance_c_640.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 42

Fox

Any further questions? ;)

If that's your carry weapon then you're either

a. more manly than I am, or
b. living in a very dangerous area.

- - - Updated - - -

Kimbers have their fan base, they just never appealed to me. I've got a large mish-mash of various brands.

And once again I'll own up to being a wimp, I've never been able to shoot a .45 well while 9's (and below) are sweet-hearts in my hand.

avvidclif

Was never a fan of the Kimber's - until I bought one.
Now one of my favorites.

That was me until I bought one. Figured they were overpriced but found out different. I appreciate a well made pistol. On the hand cannon I haven't shot it, yet. I'm holding out hoping the promised box shows up which if it does it will go in the safe. I figure if the bullet don't get them the muzzle blast will....

porthole

Retired
That was me until I bought one. Figured they were overpriced but found out different. I appreciate a well made pistol.

Well made they are, and accurate right out of the box.

But - don't make the mistake of trying to break it down like a typical 1911 :rolleyes:

That will lead to quite a bit of frustration and possibly having to send the piece back to Kimber.

I managed to get mine unlocked - right up there with a Ruger Mark III

Fox

On the hand cannon I haven't shot it, yet.

You should shoot it BEFORE you depend on it - for two reasons: sometimes they don't consistently go bang and other times the operator isn't as familiar with it as they should be.
Get to the range and feed it several hundred rounds of your preferred ammo. If you change over to another ammo then start anew, several hundred rounds without ANY failure.

An actual 'need' for the gun is not the time to experiment.