Landing Jacks

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
having problem with landing jacks on new ER 34QSRL. changed the fuse in battery compartment, no luck
all other fuses seem to be fine. is there any place i should be looking for solution. the jacks worked fine up until yesterday

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Gerry, is it safe to assume the motor is not turning? Or is the motor turning and the jacks not going anywhere? I'm not familiar with the electrics in the Elk Ridge, but some of the other Heartlands have a variety of circuit breakers on the back wall of the front compartment. Look for a row of 4 or 5 red rubber covered terminals. Your jacks may have a circuit breaker that needs to be reset manually.
If the motor is turning and the legs aren't moving, you have a mechanical issue in the gear housing.

TGLBWH

Thanks Ray, I will look for the breaker tomorrow. The motor is not turning. There is a row of connectors, about 10, on the back side of the battery cabinet in the front compartment. Will let you know what the result is

TGLBWH

just visited rv and no luck although i did notice a fault, i assume, in the main panel box (red light on) although the fuse is good. seems to be labeled receptacle, hard to read. I have one box on the wall of battery compartment that is connected to fuse but there is no reset on it. On the back side all other battery connections are there with no switches. would like wiring diagram for switch and battery area so i can chase it down. Did buy new fuses and tried that too.
I can be reached at 734-676-4008 or by email at gpatkinson@wideopenwest.com if somene has any ideas before i take it to the dealer in a couple of weeks

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Gerry, lets make this simple. Follow the wires from the LG switch. Normally the fuse is behind the battery or somewhere close. Forget a fuse...just replace the fuse with a circuit breaker...50 or 80 amp. The 80 amp would be my choice. The biggest problem with LG blowing fuses are over extending or holding the switch after the gear is all the way up. A fuse wont take the amperage. Any electric motor is a dead short when power is applied and it can't turn anymore. Ever watched battery cables jump or melt while trying to jump start a car with bad starter??

Duramax1

On my Sundance, the fuse is located right behind the battery and is rather hard to get at because of the proximity of the battery. The fuse is located in a small black rubber container and has a flip up lid. Looks like an old Ronson lighter.

I recently blew the fuse when I was not concentrating on what I was doing and retracted the leg too far.

What I discovered is when I replaced the fuse,( which I could see was visible blown,) the motor still did not operate and I assumed that I had another problem in addition to the blown fuse.

However, what I then did, and I have never seen this in any other post on this subject, was I manually partially extended the landing jack , replaced the fuse for a second time, and the landing jack then worked.

Hopefully manually partially extending the jack and putting in another fuse will work for you.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Duramax1, good point. If the legs were retracted too far, they were most likely jammed. Therefore, when you hit the switch again, it was an immediate overload.

Peace
Dave

B

bwwalczak

Our service folks here in the office have a very easy solution. You can contact them at 574-262-8030. They can help also, in addition to the other helpful advise listed above.

TGLBWH

I will let you know what happens when fixed. haven't had much time between honey do's and golf

Quote: "Our service folks here in the office have a very easy solution. You can contact them at 574-262-8030. They can help also, in addition to the other helpful advise listed above."​

Bryan - can you just post the easy solution your service folks have in mind? We pick up our new 34QSRL at the dealer this Saturday and I'm trying to put together answers to any issues other owners have gone through with their coaches. I've already identified several things that needed taken care of by the dealer on a "pre-PDI" - never hurts to be prepared for issues like this or others, right? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

TGLBWH

The reason I haven't got around to getting this totally resolved is after the first trip my unit is in a storage lot and i haven't been over there yet although i plan on calling the number Bryan gave tomorrow, if I have time, and if it is an easy fix i will post. This whole landing jack thing with Lippert seems to be way to common across all models and hopefully a resolution is in the works. I really don't understand why something as basic as a limit switch or clutch can not be installed on these standard. My old 1994 never blew or jammed, when it was all the way it started clicking similar to electric slides when retracting. Sounds like Lippert cheaped them down causing problems for lots of people.