Gas Line

rdfagg

We just purchased a 2011 model 3055 RL and are very pleased with the craftmanship however in checking tire pressures I noticed that the gas line to the kitchen stove runs in front of the tire, in the wheel well and only and inch and a half from the face of the tire. This means any flat or blow out is bound to take out the copper gas line. Couldn't there have been another place to run this line? Thank you. rdfagg

talley

rdfagg, you are absolutely right about a blowout taking out the propane gas line. This happen to me two years ago. Had blow out on I-10 about 40 miles east of El Paso and waited over an hour for ERS. I did not notice the line being damaged until DW heard the escaping gas. It jerked the copper line up to the stove, but did not damage the connection. Replaced the line myself, not difficult but cramped space under the cabinet.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
rdfagg, you are absolutely right about a blowout taking out the propane gas line. This happen to me two years ago. Had blow out on I-10 about 40 miles east of El Paso and waited over an hour for ERS. I did not notice the line being damaged until DW heard the escaping gas. It jerked the copper line up to the stove, but did not damage the connection. Replaced the line myself, not difficult but cramped space under the cabinet.

This is one of those occasions for turning off the propane before leaving.

I am not trying to start a debate, but this is why I do turn off the propane when I saddle up and hit the road.

BC

tcbrady

rdfagg - we have decided to make a change in the gas line location for the 3055RL. We moved to the gas line inside of the I-beam through the underbelly. This change was made about 75 days ago. As always, we appreciate the customer feedback and always strive to improve the product (both safety and feature).

rdfagg

Coley Brady, Thank you for the reply on my gas line concerns. Would the change on my coach be covered under warranty as an update? Thank you. rdfagg

tcbrady

Unfortunately, that would not be covered under warranty. We deem this as a product improvement item.

rdfagg

Coley Brady, You say that you made the gas line change about 75 days ago yet my trailer came off the line 40 days ago today (3-25-10) and the gas line is in the wheel well. Maybe you should check and see what production is doing and if in fact they did make the change.

tcbrady

the change has definitely been made. I reconfirmed with production and I had my dates wrong - we started approx April 1.