Holding Tank treatment

StephenKatSea

Any opinions here on "Happy Camper" treatment for black and/or gray holding tanks? Must you use only particular cleaning products when using this additive? Is "Happy Camper" as good as they claim?

We have been using it for about three years and IMHO it is exactly what they claim. We use the sewer solution to drain the tanks and rarely hook up the exta water to push the stuff through. That means that everything empties through a 1 inch hose without a pump. We use the TP in the rig that we used in the S&B with no issues. We have no smells either. When you buy get the big one (132 oz). You will be glad you did. As for cleaning we do that when we empty the tank using the happy camper per instructions on the pail. The pail also says to add 4oz of original dawn to the Kitchen Gray tank to degrease it. We do clean with bleach spray but only in the shower and kitchen and not the toilet. No issues in over three years.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
All we use is laundry soap and calgons water softner in the black have been doing this for 6years and have never had a problem with smells or blockage. In the gray tanks when I clean I use Bleach in the kitchen it helps clean my sinks (they are white) and the drains no smell there either.We also put 6 gallions of water with the soap and softner before every trip , the black tank is never left dry. Kathy

Rickhansen

I've been using "Happy Camper" products for a couple years too. It does seem to work well without the harsh chemicals, dyes, and perfumes. I will also say that it is very economical compared to the other treatments I've used.