Another Thumbs-up for MorRyde Pin Box

rmchad

Heartland Owner
Our first two trips in our Sundance were both over 1500 miles and we have another one coming in July (family reunion). After the second trip, I decided to look into solutions to ease the chucking we felt in the truck when we drove over the frequent crack or expansion joint. With help from people on this forum, we had already corrected much of the porposing we originally experienced -- the fifth wheel hitch was slighlty behind the rear axle -- duh! With Timbrens installed and the hitch properly located, the up-down motion was tolerable but the back and forth chucking was still annoying.

So, I installed a MorRyde pin box that I purchased from Tweetys -- lowest price I could find, free shipping, and received it in less than a week. It took about an hour for me and a friend to install it -- it is definitely a two-person job. The installation directions were very good with the exception of some confusion over the torque value for the attachment bolts -- the directions stated 270 lbs while the owner's manual stated 220 lbs.

It works well -- while we occasionally feel a little chucking, it is greatly reduced. The MorRyde absorbs the bumps and really reduces or eliminates the previous uncomfortable jarring we felt. We are very satisfied with the change in ride.