Save your money and buy another brand

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
The bigger question I have is how do you undo all of the bad PR you caused by bashing the company? Just curious.

Good grief ,Jim. This by far is not the first post of this type and Heartland is still in business . I thought he manned up pretty well, he could of not told us whats going on , at all. I think Heartland just helped itself too, by stepping up to the plate.......Kenny

SilverRhino

Glad to hear things might be on the path to getting corrected!

I for one, respect the fact that you posted what was happening, it takes a real person to "man up" and admit where they may have been wrong....good for you and good luck with getting your problems resolved.

Travel Safe!

SilverRhino

Based on Private Message I received, maybe I need to clarify my last post. I do not agree with the manner in which "Bubba" has dealt with the problems he had/has with his unit. This is an open forum and he does have a right to post negative aspects or experiences that he has had with HL. Jim B. pointed out to him that he was "bordering on HL bashing" and to refrain from that in the future, I agree.

The issue is not his problems, but the way he went about expressing them. He did finally, in his own way admit that he might be wrong in his approach.....which I felt was a positive turn on his part, and that is all I was trying to say. As far as this effecting the re-sale value of my BC or any HL product....if something like this is all it takes, then HL is in trouble. Ranting and raving by one disgruntled individual, all though, unpleasant and uncalled for, will not bring HL to it's knees. If "Bubba" would have posted the same problems in a different manner, he would have probably gotten a great deal of support!

I respect and appreciate everyones opinions on the Forum and just wanted to make clear, what I was trying to say, which is only my opinion. If I in any way offended anyone, that was definitely not my intention.

Travel Safe!

shriver63

So if I have a problem with my new Cyclone do I come here to bash Heartland or call my dealer and have them go to work for me? Kinda confused here with this type of thread

davebennington

shriver63,

If you are having problems with your coach my suggestion would be the dealer first and if you do not get satisfaction there then try the factory. Bashing really makes people uneasy and does not solve your problem. My experience with the factory has been very good they will try to correct the problem you are having, my dealer has dropped the Heartland line so that is not and option for us.

Dave

shriver63

shriver63,

If you are having problems with your coach my suggestion would be the dealer first and if you do not get satisfaction there then try the factory. Bashing really makes people uneasy and does not solve your problem. My experience with the factory has been very good they will try to correct the problem you are having, my dealer has dropped the Heartland line so that is not and option for us.

Dave

I understand how thing work and how to fix most things myself...I was just being sarcastic as I thought the original post was done in bad taste

I have had a few issues with every RV that I have owned, it all comes down to the ability to communicate with the manufacturer. Heartland is in my oppinion, one of the only RV manufacturers that actually listens to their Customer and incorporates our requests into future models. Keep up the great work HL and you will be #1 for years to come!!!!

PSF513

I have to agree with Cycloner3950. I have owned 7 or 8 different makes, models, and manufacturers equipment in my adult life. I have had a far better "relationship" with Heartland and my dealer than all others in total. Unless they do a radical 180 degree turn, I believe I am hooked for as long as I can RV

silverhawk

Sometimes the "Squeaky Wheel Gets The Grease."

Everyone communicates in a different manner. Not taking sides. Just Saying. ;-)

RollingHome

Ya know guys, this kind of post hurts HL and devalues our units. If you think HL can't be hurt because they are "TOO BIG" talk to GMC and Chrysler. This guy (BUBBA) posted in a public forum on the web site that "ANYONE/EVERYONE" can read that one should "save their money and buy another brand" ! Do you realize he is using his HL RV in a business in a commercial venture (go re-read the entire thread) ? Can one of you, just one of you name ONE RV, just one company that will warrant their units 3 years out when it is used commercially ? HL's warranty specifically spells out their products are NOT warranted for commercial use. Read the warranty, I have, so should you ! The warranty is written in what is known as "plain english format" NO COMMERCIAL USE IS COVERED - PERIOD ! Yet, ya know what HL did, they stepped up and ignored their own warranty and solved this guys problems ! Do you know what else happend when he posted ? 2 other whiners came forward and started bashing HL for total BS, he inspired them to bash HL - one did not install his emergency window back in right (why did he remove it to begin with ?) and he wanted HL to give him a free new one when it fell out on the hiway ! Now you are promoting the HL bashing ! For crying out loud, stop BASHING HL AND DENEGRATING YOUR OWN INVESTMENT ! That's right, it's an investment and in a couple of years you will win or loose because of your posting on this forum at trade in time ! Oh you have a HL product, I've read a lot of bad things about them, subtract this much $ for that reason alone. I've had enough RV's to know HL makes a pretty good unit they also employ humans that make mistakes - JUST LIKE YOU AND ME they make mistakes, so stop bashing them and devaluing your/mine/others investment ! If you have a problem call your dealer first and try the NORMAL avenues before bashing on this HL sponsored forum. Unless of course you work for HL's competition, as I and others think you do... Smiles

wdk450

Gang:
When a thread with this type of title appears, and Heartland steps up and goes above and beyond their warranty terms, either the thread title ought to be changed, or the thread ought to be closed and removed from the archives. The original thread title, which many new people skimming the forum might latch on to, no longer reflects the poster's reality. The same goes for the negative/corrected Lippert thread titles.
Maybe this sounds like censorship, but in my mind this sounds like fairness.

Status
Not open for further replies.