Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Save your money and buy another brand

1. Print this Post   #1

Save your money and buy another brand

I am sorry to say that I purchase a new 2008 Cyclone 4012 april 2009 and have nothing but regrets. The floor plan is nice and I thought I was buying a great 5th wheel. What a waste of 50k. There obviously is a total lack of quality control and the units is built like crap. From water leaks, electrical, screws popping out, awning issues, doors falling off, fenders coming off, water pump dying, and so many other things,, DO YOURSELF A BIG FAVOR and buy something else. If anybody is interested in more of the issues, send me an email to Bub_Ba_Q@yahoo.com.
    William "Bubba" Latimer
    www.Bub-Ba-Q.com

2. Print this Post   #2
    South Central Region Director, HOC jayc's Avatar

Re: Save your money and buy another brand

Bubba, who is your selling dealer? Has he been any help? Have you contacted Heartland Customer Service?

Please give us some more information.
    Driver-Jay
    Navigator and Director of Operations-Stella
    Cassie-Schnauzer (RIP 5/21/15)
    Tramp-Jack Russell/Chihuahua
    Lady-Chihuahua
    2018 Landmark Oshkosh

Heartland Owner's Club #1017
    Full-time since 11-21-08

The rallies we have attended are now in an album on this forum.

3. Print this Post   #3

I to ask if you have contacted Heartland? We have a 2010 Eagle Ridge and the few issues we have had the dealer and Heartland have bent over backwards to make us happy campers.Please let us know what Heartland said.
    Thanks
    Last edited by goodtruck; 05-20-2010 at 08:42 PM. Reason: spelling

4. Print this Post   #4
    Original Owners Club Member jmgratz's Avatar

I think you need to contact Heartland Customer Service.
    Jim & Sheila Gratz - owners club #1018 Workamping as Sales Associate with SE Publications Certified RV Walk-through Technician [/I] 2013 Landmark San Antonio - full body paint - Fulltimer pkg, Yetti pkg etc., Mor-Ryde IS with never lube bearings and disc brakes. --previous 5er - 2007 "Classic" Landmark "Golden Gate" Replaced 9/20/13 2012 Ford F350 King Ranch Crew Cab fx4 dually, 6.7 L Husky Trailer Saver TS2 hitch "visit TEXAS - it's like a whole 'nuther country" Rally Site 414

5. Print this Post   #5

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Our Heartland has been the best RV we have owned so far.
    Doug

Doug, Deb & Kids
    2007 Volvo 780 Ultrashift
    2017 Momentum 397th
    2008 4012 Cyclone Full Throttle
    3 Yamaha Banshees
    2 Honda 400EXs
    1 Honda 250EX
    15 Polaris 900 S RZR Voodoo Blue
    15 Polaris 900 S RRZ Titanium Matte
    Polaris Outlaw 50

6. Print this Post   #6

I spoke to customer service last week and my response from them was, I am sorry your unit is now out of warranty. So after spending 50k, here is what I have:
    -an awning that was not properly installed and now pulling away from the camper
    -front leveling jacks that hardly work, or should I say work at all
    -looking to get the 6th refridgerator installed, I have since put a second residential unit in the cargo area
    -an underbelly about to fall off
    -2 cabinet doors that I have had to glue back together
    -the access door to the fuel pump coming off, which I have never used but the screws keep coming out and the trim is pulling away
    - The passenger side front storage door replace because it just about fell off from the hinges improperly installed
    - The slide out in the master leaked like siff because the rubber seal was cut wrong
    - The shower leaked because it was not caulked properly
    - almost burnt down the first weekend I had it because of faulty wiring
    - more electric issues now after replacing the battery for the second time
    - water pumped had to be replaced earlier this year
    -a leak in the loft above cargo area,
    -drain baskets in kitchen sink installed wrong, - rubber seal on top of sink basin rather than bottom, therefore the sink would not drain all the way
    -spare tire ripped off because of location where it is stored, all the way at the back and sits far enough down for the slightest hump to catch it,I acually saw the tire rolling down the road
    - a screw was missing from one of the hinges on the rear cargo door when it was picked up because the hinge was not aligned properly and off set.
    - the wiring for the satellite never worked from the start, I had to have it redone when the satellite was in stalled

Utterly amazing. I have another camper, a 30' Timberland that I bought in 2004 and have never had 1 issue with. I really thought I was upgrading. I really love the space and floor plan of my 4012, but it is amazing at how much the lack of quality control Heartland has. The dealer I bought it from is in Ohio and Heartland had me use 1 closer to home, Atlanta, which was about 75 miles away. I use my camper just about every weekend for shows and BBQ competitions and down time is not an option. Camping World which is 1 mile from 1 of my restaurants just now became an authorized dealer, just right before the warranty expired, at-least the water pumped got covered. I wish I could say good things about the reliability of the unit and quality, but after so many issues, I just can't , it looks great, but I need more than looks for it's purpose. My camper is an extension of my business and I need it to work properly. i expect for things to come up, just not on a regular basis.

For those of you who have unit that you are happy with, congrats and I hope that you enjoy many years out of it. I really wish and thought I was buying the best thing on the market, I spent several months looking before I bought. Since the unit is not just something for extra curricular activities I am now wondering if I need to start looking for something else.
    William "Bubba" Latimer
    www.Bub-Ba-Q.com

7. Print this Post   #7

My experiance with Heartland Customer Service is much different, they have been nothing short of AWSOME !! I would think all your issues didn't just appear overnight, when ever I had an issue I would call my dealer than Heartland customer service so it can be documented. It helps to have a good relationship with customer service so they are aware of you and your coachs issues. You might wanna touch base with the supervisor of c/s and give Heartland a chance to respond, however your coach is 3 model years old now, they have to draw the line somewhere. Good luck, I wish your experiance with Heartland was as good as mine, I will buy again in a heart beat and have refered my RV friends to Heartland.
    Last edited by Bobby A; 05-21-2010 at 08:10 AM. Reason: add a sentence

8. Print this Post   #8

I'm not sure why a refrigerator would need replacement six times; The whole refrigerator? I don't know if your interactions on this issue was handled with HL or the manufacture, but I don't know of any other company that would be patient enough to replace an item six times without a propensity for customer service. I see a couple of items on your list that are unique, but the combination of problems have been seen in other rigs, albeit not on any single rig. Sorry to hear of your problems and good luck with getting them resolved to the point where you can enjoy using it.

9. Print this Post   #9

Bub-Ba-Q

Can you tell us with whom you spoke with in customer service? Maybe it was not the right person. Heartland will and have bent over backwards to help folks with problems, it also sounds like your dealer should have taken care of some of the problems that you have encountered.

Dave

10. Print this Post   #10

I went trough 2 fridges and in less than a yr and finally gave up and junked dometic.
    I contacted Heartland customer service and this is what I got: Heartland uses the best material available in the industry for each price point. We have had great success with the materials we use.
    The key word here is price and that is what it is all about 1 yr warranty hope nothing goes wrong in that yr and claim sorry your warranty is up!
    I would like to know what materials they have had such great success with? unless the success is profit.
    I see nothing but money being spent out of pocket in the future!

Lonnie & Trudi
    2009 BH 3670RL

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast