Question #2 for 3800 RD

Rambler

We have the Fantastic Fan with rain sensor in the in the Kitchen and can not seem to make it operate from the Wall Control. I'm able to manually pull the knob down and open the vent, turn on the fan with the on/off switch, and adjust the speeds of the fan. When I close it and push the knob in the auto position, I leave the on/off switch in the on position and then try to use the wall control, but nothing. When I adjust the wall switch up, I hear it click at the switch, but nothing at the fan. I've looked in my owners bag of documents, but there is nothing there for the fan. Any help would be appreciated, I've got short little legs and I might fall off the chair if I do this everytime . HeHe

2010augusta

Have you checked the fuses, one on the fan and the 12 volt supply fuses? that would be a place to start.

Next get out your DMM and check for voltage at the thermostat and at the fan.

Crank open the vent and get on the roof and make sure nothing is shorting out the rain sensor.

Willym

The fan obviously has power because it runs in manual control.

You have to remember that the thermostat works in the opposite direction to a furnace thermostat. I was helping out my dealer on Landmark PDI's last week and discovered that the thermostat is quite sensitive. If the interior of the trailer is cool, then the thermostat will turn on the fan after moving the lever to the right just a smidgen from the off position. If you move it too far, then the setting will be above the ambient temp and the fan will not start. There also seems to be a time delay in starting. If the interior of the trailer is hotter, then you have more latitude with the lever.

scotty

I had a simluar issue when I first got my BH. Sometimes the gasket tends to hold down the cover. Try opening manually and reclosing than use the switch. This will tell you if it's an electrical issue or just sticking. After a coulple of times having to do it this way it nows works find, except the rain sensor, no sense. LOL Don't ask me how I know but I won't go off and leave the fan running again.