First pull with 05 chev and 3055 Bighorn

Ricoh

Past Ontario Chapter Leader
I finally got to go on a trip with my 05 2500 HD silverado pulling my fully loaded 3055RL Bighorn. It pulled it beautifully. I had it in tow mode and clicked the cruise on at 100 KM ( 61MPH) and just left it there. The temp came up to where it normally runs and just stayed there ( the 05 is known for overheating) and the tranny ran just a tad hotter than normal. My aux tank (ATTA 30 gal) performed flawlessly, automatically refilling my OEM tank when it hit 1/2 full and shutting off when it reached a tad over 3/4 full. I had to pull out and pass a big rig going up a pretty good grade and apparently my friends following us said when I kicked her down to pass she blew a pretty good cloud of black smoke and away I went up the grade. I am very pleased. I also had to do a minor panic stop as the traffic came to a complete stop on the off ramp but you could not see it till you got there. The whole thing hauled down to a stop no problem. Can't wait till next time.

Rick

Ricoh

Past Ontario Chapter Leader
Re: First pull with )5 chev and 3055 Bighorn

Dewwood the truck was absolutely flawless. I am running firestone airbags and a trailair pin . Very nice combo.

Rick

Delaine and Lindy

Congratz, on the Chevy. We bought a 2005 Chevy 2500HD new and never ever had a issue of over heating. I have read were some have had heating issues, however we pulled the Colorado rockies with a heavy 5th wheel and never had a issue. GBY...

Rick, I had the same truck except a C/C. Never had a problem with power or overheating. Our Horn weighs just about what your 3055 does. Pulled straight in high cross winds. Never needed to install air bags or any aftermarket stuff. The only reason I traded up to the 07 was the price and it is 4WD.

I have a 05 chevy 2500 HD diesel. I can say I will never go back to gas rig. I had a 03 chevy 2500HD but with a 8.1 .It is like night and day. The only mod I did on the diesel was a air intake.
other than that we have been out 2 times with are new 2011 265 sundance. What a joy to go down the road. It does seem to run just a little cooler with the air intake system on. after pulling a pass with
a good climb. when we stop at a rest stop I let it idle for a while to let the turbo spool down and cool down. I'm hope you as pleased as much as I am with my 05 chevy. safe travels.