Solid Surface Counter Tops

Hattem

I just took delivery of a 2011 North Trail 31RLSS. The kitchen is equipped with what is called a "solid surface counter top". We have noticed a few scratches already and, when moving a heavy water jug, noticed scuff marks had appeared. Can anyone advise me how to care for the counter top. I think they look great, but am afraid that they won't stay that way over time.

jimtoo

Hi Hattem,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

The counter tops are Hanex, almost the same as Corian. I think it may be a little softer, but the care is the same. Your dealer should have explained the care to you during the PDI. I think we got a little starter care kit when we got ours. They do scratch easy, but corian does the same. You cannot slide anything on them without leaving a mark, but the polishing kits can be bought at any of the stores like WM, Home Depot, Lowes and others. This is link to Hanex web site.

Enjoy you new toy and the forum.

Jim M