Freshwater Fill

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Filled our fresh water tanks to sanitize yesterday (first time) and noticed that it will only take a very slow water feed or it backs up. Took about 30 minutes to fill the tank. It filled...no apparent leaks (knock on wood) but compared to our prefious rig...this thing fills really slowly! Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
SJH, I don't know what your previous rig was but we had a similar problem, The cause is the location of the fresh water tank. It's is aft of the axles and the fill and vent hoses are routed through the frame. There may be low spots or even maybe a slight kink in the vent hose that might be causing the problem. We have had our hoses rerouted as best they could be and our tank still takes about 20 minutes to fill. But it fills! One of theses days, I would like to pull the belly down and see if there's a better routing path or even use PVC or PEX for fill and vent lines. This isn't a high priority for me because we rarely use the on board fresh water system.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Our previous 5th was a Keystone Springdale 27RL. I agree though...not a high priority issue I was just curious because it is so much slower filling with the hose than the Springdale! We only carry enough water to flush for those emergency stops and like you said...it does eventually fill!

Thanks!

lhetsler

hold the end of the hose tight against the fill port while water on full and it will gurgle and blow the water out of the vent tube and then it will fill fast.

Duramax1

We had the same problem which was caused by a kink in the vent tubing. Removed the kink and the problem was solved.