2011 Ford F350 info

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I saw my first 2011 Ford F350 yesterday. Different grill design. It was a Lariat Crew Cab dually diesel. Talking to the owner he showed me how to add the emission additive (urea tank fluid). The fuel door is wider and there are two filler caps. One for the Diesel fuel and one for the emission additive. He told me he checked on where he can get the emission fluid and found he can get it anywhere. Even at the local convenience store where he buys his diesel. He said the additive is about $8.00 a can (forget to find out how big a can) and that he only has to add when the gauge on the dash tellls him. He told me he us currently getting 17 MPG and has the new 6.7 engine. He is happy with it so far. He bought it at Lone Star Ford in Houston, Tx

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We use Yahooooo as a home page and Ford had a video advertisement in the form of a comparison to the GM & Dodge trucks. As a Chevy owner, I am sad to say the Ford blew the other two away. In all categories. I believe it was a pretty fair comparison too. Not going to run out and buy one but if I were to be shopping, I would give them a look see.

We use Yahooooo as a home page and Ford had a video advertisement in the form of a comparison to the GM & Dodge trucks. As a Chevy owner, I am sad to say the Ford blew the other two away. In all categories. I believe it was a pretty fair comparison too. Not going to run out and buy one but if I were to be shopping, I would give them a look see.
Ray, was this the Video you saw? http://www.trucktrend.com/multimedi...r-duty-vs-2010-ram-heavy-duty/5442/index.html
If not do you happen to had a link to the Yahoo Video? Thanks

Jim, what mileage are you getting on your 2010?

Right now I have 11300 miles on the 2010 F350 with the 3.73 rear end. I am getting 12.9 not towing and 9 towing. Our Landmark weighs 16200 and I run at 68 MPH in the 70 MPH zones. The truck is totally stock without any add-ons. The mileage was hand calculated and not from the lieometer. I am hoping the mileage will increase as the truck gets totally broken in. BTW - our previous truck (99 F350 SRW 7.3 diesel with a full Banks system) was gettng 10.5 towing and 16 highway not towing.

Bighurt

The 17 was not towing. Don't know what he gets towing but again he only had 2000 miles on the truck.

I realized that although It would be nice.

I've gotten 17 but it was on a down hill run about 7 hrs into a trip. Downhill being I was heading to a lower elevation over a distance of 350-400 miles.

DPF is a killer....

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ray, I just watched the video. The comparison is rigged. The Ford is a 2011...the GM and Dodge trucks are 2010. I dont know anything about the new Dodge, but the 2011 Chevy/GMC have the same if not more HP and torque. Somewhere in the range of 400HP and 750Lb of torque. So lets see how the new GM's do against the Ford. BTW, what is the 2011 350 Fords GCVW. The GM is 27500.