Wall studs...location

Bighurt

My wife would like me to add some coat hooks on the inside surface of the exterior wall, door side as you go up the stairs. Substantial place for a coat rack. Trouble is I want to ensure I find the studs (frame member).

If there is a defined location I'd like to appreciate it, aluminum doesn't work so well with a stud finder. Most of them can't find wood either...

Jeremy

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I found coat hooks that hang over the top of a door. That way you don't have to put a hole in anything and you can move it if you want. Found it at Wal-Mart in the hardware section. It is polished chrome. You can hang it over any door.

Bighurt

I saw those but with only two doors neither of which or convenient to the exit I was looking for another solution.

Thanks though.

My DW just bought some of the 3M stick on hooks that are supposed to handle up to 7 lbs which will hopefully be okay for a jacket. I don't like the thoughts of putting holes in the walls without knowing whats there. Hope someone gives you (us) the answer to the question.

Given the wall space, it would be great if if the factory would just put some there.

Dave

D

Dave Willis

Let me know what floor plan you have and I can see about getting you the side wall prints. I could scan and email to you or fax it. Just let me know.

Thanks,

Augustus

I just joined the Heartland Forum - have a 2009 Sundance RLB - and was hoping that i would be able to get a floor plan also - this would be great information to have -
especially with any wiring details so avoid drilling into any electrical. thanks for any information

Dave012

I did send a PM to Dave Willis as he had suggested, but he had been advised that Heartland won't release the wall plans. I've heard this policy mentioned before and think its actually quite reasonable as they don't want to post information that competitors could use.

Therefore, we've put up the 3M hooks in a number of places and they seem to be working just fine.

D

Dave Willis

As stated below by Dave012, it is company policy that we do not send out any engineering prints. It sounds like the 3M tape is working for Dave012!

Thanks,