New Owner of a 32' North Country. New Rv owner period!!!

Hi,

My husband and I just purchased a 32' North Country. We are from Manitoba, Canada. We would love to hear any suggestions on anything that may be of help to us. We are newbies to rving.

jimtoo

Hi Komadowski,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed. So you can be sure you will get some replies and suggestions. If you have specific questions, be sure and ask for the answer. We have folks here who are electricians, engineers, telephone operators, well drillers, mechanics, computer geeks, lovers, and one or two that have even built their own truck or converted one. Probably even have a banker or two... just don't ask for money. :D We have a great forum, with lots of great people.

Please check out the rallies for your area or any where,,, and try to make a Heartland Owners rally... you will meet the best people and make friends for life.... not to mention ,,,, eat some good food...:D

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Cimriver

Welcome to RVing and the forum. If you have specific questions folks here are very helpful. One of the best suggestions I could make is to do a test camp, either in your driveway or at a campground close to shopping. You will figure out everything you didn't think to bring and if there are issues with things not working as they should you will discover those also.

My best advice is Have fun!

mcarso1

As was mentioned earlier, camp close to home for the first one and make sure eveything works right. We did the driveway campground to help familiarize ourselves and that was cool. Another good idea of my wifes of course was to make a list of items to stock up on in the camper and get a little each time you go out shopping. Everyone of the forum is helpful and fellow campers are all very kind and informative also, don't be afraid to ask! When you think you have everything you need before you go out on the first trip you will quickly realise that when you get there you don't! Our dealer gave us a RV starter kit so we thought we were set to go but after pulling in to our campsite we realised we were 10' short on our sewer hose, get a good one with all the fittings and adapters, ours came as a whole kit(rhino). Enjoy the camping and remember just ask!

johng

Welcome to RVing been only at it a year or so ourselves. We actually did a couple close to home.
Njoy! Have fun.

I have a question I have not considered with this new rig. I am new to slide outs and such. My electric is on the slide side, water on the back. When setting up at a site, I noticed with my 25' no slide, it was not an issue, the hook up's were to the rear or the non door side. Is there a special area for larger rigs? which side is the hookups at site supposed to be on to clear the slides and not impede the other campers?

Cimriver

Generally the hookups are on the side opposite the door/awning side. I've seen exceptions to this, but that is usually the case. When pulling into a site stop and take a look where your hookups are and park the RV accordingly. You may have to adjust left to right and front to back make thing work right. Better to take that moment and check out where you want to be than to have to hook back up and move the RV. Not that that has ever happened to me!!

camr

Welcome Komadowski,
Last year we purchased and Edge M22 from Sun Valley RV in Morden, and have had nothing but great times. Our first trip was to Hecla Island Provincial Park for a week, then to Grand Beach Provincial Park for another week, and finally to Nutamik Provincial Park for a week. These campgrounds were, at the most, a couple of hours from our home so if anything went horribly wrong we were not it big trouble. The Heartland trailer has been perfect, without a single problem.
My biggest problem, however, is reading on this forum from fellow members down south who can actually go camping right now!!! We still have months to wait!!! But on the bright side, the mosquito count was fairly low yesterday!!
Summer will come soon.
Cam