City Water Connection Question

jonesj2

Yesterday, I was preparing to leave the campground and had just finished doing the dump thing I went into the camper and turned on the pump to flush toilet chemicals and wash my hand. I notice the pump did not cut off but still had water flow to both the sink and toilet. Once I went back out side I found a river of running water from the under belly and notice the freshwater intake cover had been blown off.

When I go home I had the wife cut on the pump again and water was shooting out like all heck. Pressed on the litte tab inside of the fresh water outlet and moved it around a little bit and the water stopped and the pump cut off as it should.

My question is, is this something that needs fixed or is just a fluke this happend?

Has this happend to others and how did you fix the problem.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Re: City Water Conenction Question

I won't say this is normal but it does happen quite a bit. I don't know the cause either but have found that once it happens the first time, it occurs more frequently. On previous rigs, Ive replaced several inlet connections. It's an easy fix. On our Bighorn, none yet.

Boca_Shuffles

Re: City Water Conenction Question

You might want to carry a garden hose shutoff valve as a temporary solution to a broken one way valve in the city water inlet. This will allow you to use the water pump without spraying water out of the water inlet.

You can use hose adapter with a shutoff ball valve or just a cap that you can screw into the inlet.

The problem with the water inlet is often seen when people are de-winterizing their unit. Water trapped in the one way valve had frozen and damaged the plastic valve.